• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Before Dishonor: A Knight's Guide (By lorduskblade)

Thacklamier

First Post
Ugh; I didn't realize where exactly I was posting, or what this thread really was. I see now that I'm unlikely to get a response and certainly not from the OP; Sorry. My question still stands below if anyone should happen to notice this...

Awesome stuff. Wish I had found this thread a month ago. But I have a question..."Knight Protector" doesn't seem to synergize too well with Knight because two of the main abilities require a marked target. Devoted Protector and Protector's Strike. I figured Devoted Protector is pretty much just dead in the water, but is there a "good" way to get a quick single target mark as a minor action that would allow a protector's strike when you need to drop in a bit of damage?

Last edited:

masteraleph

Explorer
Personally, I would avoid Knight Protector, which very likely kept its rating from the Fighter handbook rather than being repeated for the Knight. There are a couple of themes to get marking- Sentinel Marshal from Dragon 407 (technically an Eberron theme) and Vigilante from Dragon 426 would both work, and Fighters have Kirre's Roar, which is a reasonably good multi mark. MCing Paladin will get you one, and there are various racial feats. But like I said, I'd avoid Knight Protector as just not being a good Knight path.

Remove ads