Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor,

Still need name and background for your Ghostly buccanneer. If you want to be unclear on who your dark benefactor of the deep is and be researching candidates in the Atheneum with Brother Egil's help that will work fine if you don't want to pick from the list I gave above.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Voadam said:
Azgulor,

Still need name and background for your Ghostly buccanneer. If you want to be unclear on who your dark benefactor of the deep is and be researching candidates in the Atheneum with Brother Egil's help that will work fine if you don't want to pick from the list I gave above.

I'll have the name, character sheet corrections, and background up this evening after I get the kids to bed.

I think I would prefer to know the ID of my dark benefactor, but I wasn't familiar with the ones you listed. Are those Freeport-specific deities/fiends/powers or specific to your campaign world? I don't know that it matters all that much in the end but if you have any additional info you can share that would be great.

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
I'll have the name, character sheet corrections, and background up this evening after I get the kids to bed.

I think I would prefer to know the ID of my dark benefactor, but I wasn't familiar with the ones you listed. Are those Freeport-specific deities/fiends/powers or specific to your campaign world? I don't know that it matters all that much in the end but if you have any additional info you can share that would be great.

Sure. Many cultures worship different pantheons and have mutually incompatible beliefs about the world's cosmology. I use demons and gods from a lot of different sources. Not all are well known.

Leviathan: an immense primordial sea beast said to be imprisoned in the stygian ocean of the fifth circle of Hell where it reigns. Its apetite for souls is legendary. Many say that when it breaks free the world shall end in cataclysm.

Dagon: A sea demon with different tales told of him.
1 an elder demon of the depths possessing powerful lost dark lore.
2 Leviathan's general in the stygian ocean of Hell.
3 a fish man king grown to legendary size and worshipped by his former kin as a God.

Whisperer of Impossible Secrets: One of the eight great Lords of Chaos, This octopoidal entity is a patron of magic and known for claiming the souls of those who drown in the sea without being pledged to another sea god. He is said to command undead pirate ships/the fleets of Chaos.

Umberlee: a dark goddess of the tempestuous nature and fury of the sea. She is mercurial and violent, allied with other dark gods of nature's fury. Her power does not extend onto the land.

Zeboim: another dark goddess of the sea from a different pantheon, she takes the form of a dragon turtle and is known for her covetous and petty nature.

Some more that could work but are not as closely linked to the idea.

Sekolah: The devouring shark god of the sea devils. Uncaring of any not his own, voracious in apetite.

Kola: (I have to double check the name) Vengeful elemental god of the fish men who takes the form of a Sea Serpent. Said to be father to many of the dangerous massive beasts in the depths.

Blibdoolpoolp: Enigmatic dark goddess of an ancient sea race.

Shayuri

First Post
Voadam said:
Shayuri,

I am not going to allow spellcasting prodigy as is. Even restricted to 1st only I find it unbalanced in 3.5 with spell focus being only +1 for one school.

I will allow spellcasting prodigy to grant the bonus spell benefit only, but able to be taken at any level. This would mean it would not make sense to take it until you can cast 4th level spells.

Understood.

I'll choose another feat.

Voadam

Legend
Two house rule changes.

1 trapsense for rogues and beguilers will be a straight check when coming within 5' of traps. This brings the rule in line with my other game's house rule so it is easier for me to remember it and on reconsidering I would prefer to be able to skip entirely rogues declaring their searches all the time.

2 I'm making dwarves humanoid subtype giants and dwarven is a dialect of giant. Giants and dwarves vehemently deny any such relationship. Anything that was humanoid subtype dwarf specific before now applies to subtype giants as well now.

Voadam

Legend
I will be setting up an info file in the plots and places area with a link in my sig for easy reference to information on Freeport, the world, people players meet, a little whos who of Freeport, gods, etc.

Voadam

Legend
We are pretty close to finishing the characters and being ready to begin. Once we have the details figured out here I will set up a rogue's gallery for the party.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmm!

You list all those sources, but most of my books are WotC...

Are there any feats in non Wizzies books that would be particularly well suited to a beguiler?

If not, I suppose I could go with Spell Focus: Enchantment...a bit dull, but definitely a workhorse feat for Beguilers...

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
Hmmm!

You list all those sources, but most of my books are WotC...

Are there any feats in non Wizzies books that would be particularly well suited to a beguiler?

If not, I suppose I could go with Spell Focus: Enchantment...a bit dull, but definitely a workhorse feat for Beguilers...

Check out http://realmshelps.dandello.net/datafind/feats.shtml for a lot (but not all) of WotC feats on the web.

I'm partial to metamagics for spontaneous casters but at 1st level not many are that useful.

There was one that is a follow up to spell focus that reduces metamagic cost for spells used from that school, although that is only useful after having taken spell focus and at least one metamagic with a level cost.

I usually stick to classics for building my own characters: Dodge, improved initiative, and toughness are always good standbys.

Shayuri

First Post
Dodge is tempting with your house rules...

Wow. This site is great!

So you'll allow any of these? Or at least, I can ask for any of these? :)

Remove ads