Death in Freeport

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Voadam, I'll need some details about Logan's library location. Is it on another continent? Any detail I might have missed about timing or some such?

Voadam

Legend
Voadam, I'll need some details about Logan's library location. Is it on another continent? Any detail I might have missed about timing or some such?

[sblock]Yep, the northern Continent, which is the closest one to Freeport and often reffered to simply as "The Continent". The library you originally studied at near your home city (Seven Towers) is a small repository of the Paragnostic Assembly, a New Gods sect dedicated, mind and soul, to the acquisition of knowledge as a path to enlightenment. They suspect the Athenaeum, a scholarly sect not directed by the New or Old God institutions, hides some important information and there is sometimes competition between the two when new sources of ancient lore are unearthed and discovered as both sponsor expeditions to recover and acquire new finds. The northern continent is dominated by the theocratic Lothian empire, which supplanted New Gods worship with Lothianism. New Gods worship continues, but quietly and never as part of imperial government. The hidden valley and secluded Dragon Temple monastery where you were initiated are in mountains far from imperial population centers.

PARAGNOSTIC ASSEMBLY:

The Paragnostic Assembly is sometimes described as a group of religious fanatics with a scholarly bent, and sometimes as an association of knowledge-seekers with faint religious overtones, depending on who you ask. In truth, this organization's members are scholars, as faithful as they are educated and as knowledgeable as they are zealous. They whole-heartedly believe that knowledge is the ultimate prize and the ultimate power—beyond riches, beyond magic, beyond the gods themselves.

They are devoted students—indeed, worshipers of knowledge. No pursuit is more important than learning new information, clarifying little-understood topics, or rediscovering old secrets. They appreciate the power that knowledge brings, but the search is its own reward. They might use their learning to help others, or they might hoard lore, using it only to empower themselves and their comrades.

You were sent to get unearthed Uraqi texts that were aboard Scarbelly's ship, you found out from magically eavesdropping on Scarbelly that Lucius left the ship with them.

For timing your clairaudience potion let you listen in on Scarbelly, part of his talk with the Wizard Kenzil had some timing information link to post. Note that you were privy to the things Arcata heard so you can read the spoilered section I wrote for her. Same thing for any conversation earlier where there is a spoiler with Scarbelly and people he is talking to.

You know Lucius apparently lost his memory and went missing and you are trying to bluff that you met him during a period when he was away before he lost his memory again. These others are working for Brother Egil of the Athenaeum to find Lucius. Lucius is an Athenaeum librarian.

Scarbelly talks to you about Lucius
[/sblock]

Hi all,

Bad news: University is getting all craptastic, and I have to bow out for the game, at least for a while.

I'll be back some time in September, and if Voadam thinks it is doable, I'd be glad if you could bear Justin with you as an NPC for the time being. If that's not possible for whatever reason, feel free to hand the character over to another player to keep the game alive.

In any case, it's been a great run! The lasting effect of this game will be that I'll get me the Freeport books as soon as I have the money together! :lol:

Thanks a lot for the good times, and hoping to see you soon!

Rafe

Voadam

Legend
Hi all,

Bad news: University is getting all craptastic, and I have to bow out for the game, at least for a while.

I'll be back some time in September, and if Voadam thinks it is doable, I'd be glad if you could bear Justin with you as an NPC for the time being. If that's not possible for whatever reason, feel free to hand the character over to another player to keep the game alive.

In any case, it's been a great run! The lasting effect of this game will be that I'll get me the Freeport books as soon as I have the money together! :lol:

Thanks a lot for the good times, and hoping to see you soon!

Rafe

thanks for the heads up Rafe, I expect to be able to work around that and you should be able to jump in when you are ready in September.

Voadam

Legend
Rock on Anton! Natural 20 and max damage with your rapier. You get another attack roll to see if you confirm the crit and do another d6-1 (minimum 1) damage.

Do you want to tumble away back to the house, over to next to the last crossbowman, or just past the two thugs away from Rittorio?

Voadam

Legend
Neurotic,

Truespeaking checks for a specific utterance become more difficult each time you do the same thing without a rest period, a -1 penalty the next time after each successful use. I believe it is called the law of repetition. We house ruled that using a true name counted as a different utterance so if you used a reversed inertia surge on someone else it would not impose the penalty on attempting the check to put it on yourself using your own truename.

Also note that Rittorio was skewered by Anton and is currently bleeding and magically asleep on the ground. The only two active combatants are the cloaked Belko and the last crossbowman who is running away.

Last edited:

Remove ads