Death in Freeport

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Vrakash's tribe lived close to the sea, hunting in the estuary and living in the saline marshes as they had done for years uncounted ('many yesterdays' as they would say); Vrakash was the tribal wokan... a position thrust upon after the untimely death of the old wokan, Vrakash's master.

Relatively clumsy and weak, Vrakash had never been accorded much respect by the other scaled folk. His placations of the spirits never seemed quite good enough, and his predictions were scoffed at. He warned the tribe that a new god was coming to their home, a god greater than mother sky of the glittering eyes, or father earth of the bountiful trees. This god came on wings of night, and breathed death.

The others mocked him. They laugh no longer, now bleached bones, slain by a black dragon that claimed their land for its own. Vrakash, clumsy and weak but wise enough to flee, survived.

Maybe he will make a new tribe, with other outcasts and misfits?

Voadam

Legend
I looked over the lizardfolk bonuses last night using some guidelines from the Race Creation Cookbook, and I'm OK with having them at 0 racial HD but +3 LA.

8 point buy is pretty rough though.

I also briefly looked over the Witch's Handbook again this morning (its been a while) and I'm fine with the class, I just have to review the spell list again. The book even has a section on witches in freeport.

I'll allow the trading in of familiar for d6 HD the same way I do for sorcerers.

Voadam

Legend
Ah, I think I see. You thought to make a 3HD 4ECL normal lizardman with a 1st level PC class using the option for a +3 LA no racial HD option. No I'm not allowing a multi-HD character to start next to the 1 HD other characters. I'm OK with you going through the savage species style racial levels to start at level 1, or even to gestalt that progression as an NPC one, but not to jump straight into extra HD.

If you are still interested with a scaly person concept we could correspond about other races with 0 or +1 LA with no racial HD that I have that would work with the same basic background, or you could choose a different race. If interested in the other races click on my name and send me an e-mail.

G

Guest 11456

Interested!

I have not ever seen the module.

Concept 1: Half-Orc / Half-Dragon Warrior (start with Orc and add Half-Dragon Template) Option Five 16 point buy: Can take an LA +3 race restricted to NPC classes.

Concept 2: Half-Orc / Half-Dragon Fighter (start with Orc and add Half-Dragon Template) Option six 8 point buy: LA +3.

Concept 3: Half-Hobgoblin / Half-Dragon Warrior (start with Hobgoblin and add Half-Dragon Template) Option six 8 point buy: LA +4 restricted to NPC class.

Brother Egil tie-in: The character single-handedly saved Brother Egil from several thugs sometime in the recent past.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
:D no worries, Voadam - I think I' m more attached to the witch concept than the scaly person one. I'll have a re-think. Thanks for the clarification!

Voadam

Legend
Tailspinner said:
Interested!

I have not ever seen the module.

Concept 1: Half-Orc / Half-Dragon Warrior (start with Orc and add Half-Dragon Template) Option Five 16 point buy: Can take an LA +3 race restricted to NPC classes.

Concept 2: Half-Orc / Half-Dragon Fighter (start with Orc and add Half-Dragon Template) Option six 8 point buy: LA +3.

Concept 3: Half-Hobgoblin / Half-Dragon Warrior (start with Hobgoblin and add Half-Dragon Template) Option six 8 point buy: LA +4 restricted to NPC class.

Brother Egil tie-in: The character single-handedly saved Brother Egil from several thugs sometime in the recent past.

Remember the flavor text from the races section: half-templates do not result from cross-breeding. So you have to decide on a backstory such as divinely being infused by a draconic deity, magical infusion by a sorcerer into an orc bloodline (there is one in the past who did this with many orcs to create different warrior subraces), or something different you come up with. Also whether it happened to a bloodline you belong to or is character specific.

Also note I would allow dragon HD as a PC class option for the orc Half dragon. (1/1 BAB, d12 HD, all good saves, 6 base skill points).

Shayuri

First Post
Character sheet, work in progress.

Just what it looks like.

[sblock=Arcata]Name: Arcata
Race: Human
Class/Level: Beguiler 1

Str 8
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 16
Wis 10
Cha 12

More...

[/sblock]

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Beginnings of a character...

Rikki Bone-sticks
Human Gestalt Witch/Rogue 1

str 8 -1
dex 12 +1
con 8 -1
int 12 +1
wis 14 +2
cha 10

Fortune-teller, trinket-seller, rob-a-feller.

Remove ads