• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Is Not The End (Online 3E DnD)

dave_o

Explorer
Sorry, folks.

Mmu1: Only Arcane Magic is suseptable to Wild Magic Surges, Divine Magic is juuuuust fine.

I have more campaign material, but as I said, am in the process of typing it all up. A few neat bits though:

"The dead DO rise from the grave into unlife. This occurs roughly twelve hours after their death, and as such, cremation is an accepted practice.

Human armies employ divisions of their troops to be flame wardens, those who dispose of fallen comrades so they do not rise to fight on...this time against the humans.

There is even a sect of the worship of Isilme, called the Illuminated, who specializes their divine magics in those of light and flame, to more easily combat the travesties of life that undead become."

AND I have character creation rules for you fine people. So now, if you wish, go ahead and send me a finished character (with background) and I'll add your name to the increasing list.

Character Generation:

Stats are determiend 4d6 drop the lowest style. Afterwards, you MAY roll 3d6, divide the result by two, and distribute those points accordingly. Please refrain if your stats are decent, however.

Max HP at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd levels.

All things are kosher as long as you at least run it by me (thus, all sources may be used).

Races are only the ones listed in the racial post above.

Play will begin at 5th level.

When you're finished, e-mail me the sheet, and I'll send you back a template for your background. The fun thing about this is you can do whatever you want with your bg, within reason. Create towns, powerful NPCs, whatever you'd like.

Thanks!

Sparrowhawk

First Post
Just post a summary of the recent history as the PC's would know it. That is, whatever the PC's would know. For example, I'd like to know what "the Betrayal" was. And so on.

dave_o

Explorer
Recent History.

A forenote, when I create a setting, and I have the virgin campaign (as this is), I usually give players a lot of leeway with their background. As such, from their ideas, along with mine, histroy is created. In backgrounds people can create towns, wars, etc, and I'll do my best in incorporate them, within reason. However, there are a few set things as of recent...

The Betrayal: Several hundred years ago, which is hardly any time at all for and Elf, Humankind and Halflingkind betrayed the Elven races. Persuaded by Gnomish and Dwarven offers of untold riches, slaves, and a plan to bring light to the nightscape of Harracht, Human/Halflingkind give them the secrets to the forest enclaves of the Elves, places which were made to ward off the roaming horrors of the night.

The Humans/Halflings were convinced that Elvenkind was hiding these magics to themselves, and such, a great war started. The Dwarves and Gnomes infiltrated the homes of the Elves, casting them down and ending the beautiful magics which kept them safe in this world of darkness. Too late, did Humankind realize it's mistake.

Elvenkind fled, deeper into the forests. For a time, they relentlessly assaulted Human holds, while Halflings, horrified at what they had done, lead a small war upon the Dwarves and Gnomes. Failing that, the Halflings also fled into the dark bowers. Elvenkind, however, in it's inifnite patience and wisdom, reorganized and slowly left Humankind alone. All of a sudden, Humankind was all alone in the vast emptiness of Harracht.

The years passed, and Elves slowly began to emerge from the dark bowers, turned very severe and hardened against the horrors of the night. Halfling kind devoted their civilization to Elvenkind (as described previously in 'Races'), in hopes of pennace for the destruction of their works. Elvenkind now still has remorse for Humankind's actions in their heart, but have seen that they must work together toward survival against the evil Dwarves and scheming Gnomes.

The Bone War: Three years ago, this dreadful war occured. The connsumation of countless attempts to gather deceased bodies-either through murder, theft, poisoning water suppies, or worse-the legions of Gnomish Necromancers raised a grand army of unlife. These legions stood brilliant, polished white-a grand army of bones, inpervious to most missile fire, and willing to fight to their second death. Backed by greated undead, these wretched hordes marched across the main expanse of Harracht, sacking villages with extreme prejudice. Every life lost lead to more ranks in the Grand Army of Unlife.

Elvenkind, in a sense, took a step into the light. Amounting amazingly trained armies, extremely diverse units all elitely trained in their particular aspect of warfare, outdid most Human armies, even with their small numbers. Halflings, all following vows of silence and wearing clothing to appear as nothing but small shadows, streamers of brilliant blue showing their remose for the Betrayal, followed their Elven retainers to the bitter end. Devotion as such had never been seen before on Harracht, and it, in itself, rallied many Human troops in an otherwise hopeless war.

(This also introduced the concept of Isilme. Previously, Humankind simply worshipped Light. It kept them safe from the delvers in unlife, and it was a concept very mystical, as a Sun had never shone over Harracht. Yet, Elvenkind began to bestow the word Isilme upon Humans of great valor. Humankind realized that they were all along worshipping, and being granted their Divine powers, by the good inherant in people, not by the lights shed by flame. In fact, several Human legions used Isilme as their warcry.)

Slowly, methodically, the combined forces of Humankind, Elvenkind, and Halfling kind beat back the hordes of undead and sent Gnomish and Dwarvenkind to lick their wounds in the darkness. But this victory was not costless, for many good lives were lost, as well.

Tada. Anyway, so far I've got 2 players, pretty much guarenteed. If you're interested, get me an e-mail (at dave_o@qx.net) with the following:

1. Name, all that jazz, along with time zone and available times.
2. Finished character sheet (stats only), to which I'll send you a template for a background.

And I'll add you to my list!

nameless

First Post
I'm pretty much done. I've got the character and background info in your email, and I put in at work for Sunday evenings off.

-nameless

mmu1

First Post
Ok, I'm in the process of writing up a character, so save me a spot, eh? ;) Actually, I have a quick question: What kind of cash do we have to spend on equipment? The standard wealth for a 5th level PC, or something else?

Oh, and what format do you want the character sheet in?

And since I'm asking all this stuff already, what's one more... - What classes are people playing so far?

Last edited:

Remove ads