• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of characters?

Cael_DW

First Post
Alek said:
Oh yeah I ment to respond to Cael too.

Thats all well and good, but all it takes to reverse it is a Wish spell and a properly understanding GM (read: dead characters best friends player). I'd say one day tops with the levels of characters running around here...heh

Anyways, about the clone spell, I think you can only have one running around, as it is their soul animating it. As per http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/clone.htm

Whoohoo.. the rum giveth a response..

The clone concept was coming from FR, Manshoon is his name..o...

*reads some more posts...*

Hmm... I would bring back a character.. but I have no reasonable point to bring him back, well other than to steal wives and girlfriends.. but that was jack lee for ya, its what rogues do.

Now, I'm just playing a crazy loon..

*dux a dragons attack, with a quirked brow*

Besides cloning, there are some other less costly spells and items that a mid-level up character can get their hands on.. contigency plans (and spells) for words of recall and teleporting effects can be used to escape death.

So, I'll end my part in this rant? because I think enough has been said and Cael is missing his daily dose of rum, rum cake, and rum pie... minus the cake and pie parts..

It's my rum, mine I tell you..

Enelya

First Post
Sir Dieterich said:
Well, first of all, I wasn't talking about Trena... And second of all I do have to say that Sir D died once and was resurrected. Normally he would stay dead because thats who he is, but dying the day after your wedding is just unacceptable. And I didn't have to pay anything because he is best friends with Sky. :)

I know about the whole CoC rules, but I mean come on, this is just getting rediculous.

You realize you just defeated the whole point of this thread. You complained that people who die don't stay dead, but then you ramble off about how you had your character die and resurrected, because it wasn't a good time for him to die.

Does this mean that the whole character staying dead simply doesn't apply to you, because your character has powerful friends?

Like I said, unless you have without a shred of doubt the entire story/plotline revolved around the particular character, their death, and their resurrection you honestly have no place to complain.

There are plenty of things one can complain about, but you've got to bite your tongue and stop wasting people's time.

Edit I apologize if this comes across angrily, that is not my intention. It is just irritating for me to see people complain about things they do themselves.

Last edited:

Xanto

First Post
Praise the gods for you, Enelya. I was just about to say the same and realized you did the work for me... In other words, he's a hypocrite and just needs to learn to get over silly things that might upset him a little even though... he did it himself. Which... upsets me a little, lol. But I'm over it. It's just a place to have fun and not some place where you can sit there and complain about something you commited yourself.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Enelya said:
You realize you just defeated the whole point of this thread. You complained that people who die don't stay dead, but then you ramble off about how you had your character die and resurrected, because it wasn't a good time for him to die.

Does this mean that the whole character staying dead simply doesn't apply to you, because your character has powerful friends?

Like I said, unless you have without a shred of doubt the entire story/plotline revolved around the particular character, their death, and their resurrection you honestly have no place to complain.

There are plenty of things one can complain about, but you've got to bite your tongue and stop wasting people's time.
Please do not make personal attacks. This is a soft warning. People are allowed to complain about general play. This is a reasonable topic of discussion and if anyone feels their time is wasted seeing it, the choice is clear: don't read it anymore.

Sir Dieterich

First Post
*sighs* Yes, but this was before I knew much about the site. And I also said which you all cared to ignore the fact that I would stay dead if I died...and by the way Enelya, which Magi are you?

Enelya

First Post
Sir Dieterich said:
*sighs* Yes, but this was before I knew much about the site. And I also said which you all cared to ignore the fact that I would stay dead if I died...and by the way Enelya, which Magi are you?

And like I tried to implicate, but you missed; you're being a hypocrite. You're making excuses as to why it was okay for you to do something, but it is absurd for someone else to do (despite if you're new to the site or not).

And if I am or are not a Magi has nothing to do with this topic.

Last edited:

Sir Dieterich

First Post
I was just merely curious as to which you were, as I heard from a few people that they suspect that your a Magi. And, I've already had a character that died forever, just forgot about him...but anytime one of my characters do die, it will be forever unless there is a very good reason to keep them around. Plus, who would stay dead the day after their wedding?
:(

Enelya

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
Please do not make personal attacks. This is a soft warning. People are allowed to complain about general play. This is a reasonable topic of discussion and if anyone feels their time is wasted seeing it, the choice is clear: don't read it anymore.

My post was not to meant as a personal attack, and if it came across that way, I sincerely apologize. I did not realize that by me pointing out to Deiterich he was being a hypocrite. I will hold anymore comments I have on this topic.

Last edited:

Enelya

First Post
Sir Dieterich said:
I was just merely curious as to which you were, as I heard from a few people that they suspect that your a Magi. And, I've already had a character that died forever, just forgot about him...but anytime one of my characters do die, it will be forever unless there is a very good reason to keep them around. Plus, who would stay dead the day after their wedding?
:(

Well, I hate to argue or bicker with a fellow RPer, it is never fun, and I honestly believe our posts to one another are being misunderstood. I mean no hate or dislike for you, or your opinion. And who the Magi are is be to anonymous and not conflict with whomelse they may want to play out of uniform.

Sir Dieterich

First Post
Yes, I do agree with you Enelya. I hate arguing as well, and I also didn't mean any hard feelings. And yes your right, it doesn't matter if your a Magi or not. And sorry to you, and Trelian, as I missed that post, and said something completely stupid!

Remove ads