Death of the Dragons IC

WarShrike

First Post
Navar shakes Vimo's hand, albeit with some discomfort. Elves have allways viewed the Human race's need to touch each other as barbaric and somewhat unclean. "Navar-Eth. I guess you can say i'm your local Druid. My injuries are minor, as are those of Bronk, my simian animal companion somewhere back in the bush. Making sure the Orcs there are all dead. My... Human... companion here took a few bad hits and could use the skills of your healers, if it's not too much trouble. I've been to McNeil a few times. Need to restock on arrows every now and then."

Shayuri

First Post
Emi listens in spite of herself for a moment, then realizes that many of the town guard weren't as lucky as herself or Vimo. She immediately sets about to tending to the wounded, trying to save as many as she can so further treatment can be administered later.

(start making Heal checks, I guess. :) I think she can stabilize by taking 10.)

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I doubt you can stabilize by taking 10, because if you took 10 rounds to make a heal check, the patient would already be below -10.[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - You are confused by the rules for taking 20. Taking 10 is identical to a standard skill check in terms of time taken. The only limit is that it can't be done under combat stress or situations of similar uncertainty. Taking 20 means "try 20 times and eventually you'll get it." Thus, it takes 20x the normal time for a skill check and can't be done if failing by any margin has an impact on future attempts (because it's assumed that out of those 20 tries, you roll everything from 1 to 20). So stabilizing, normally a standard action, takes 20 rounds (2 minutes) if you're taking 20, but only a standard action if you're taking 10. But you couldn't do it while the battle's still raging, or if you were under a lot of stress at the moment.)

WarlockLord

First Post
Putting Soultaker away, Mekaz'zan is not particularly happy at being accused of being the leader of a group of bloodthirsty orcs. He manages to bury his discomfort and extends his hand toward Navar-eth. "Mekaz'zan, hexblade, at your service." he says. Pointing to Soultaker, he asks "If I had been a prisoner, do you really think I would have been allowed to keep this?"

OOC: Been busy

WarShrike

First Post
Navar-Eth ignores the Drow's hand. Having to touch hands with a Human was gross enough. Instead he questions Vimo: "Have you captured any live ones? Perhaps there are a couple that are not beyond help, if your people are so inclined. Myself, i'm sure i at least one of mine could have been saved, but i don't take prisonners. Not where Orcs are concerned at the least. Would be good to know the particulars of why they attacked this time, among other things." Here he glances briefly at Mekaz'zan, but says nothing more.

hellrazor111

First Post
{Weather&time} The rain has almost stopped and it is just before dawn.

[Emi]
As you help tend to the wounded, you notice a foot sticking out of some near by bushes, it is one of an orc, it appears its seems an orc died and fell into the bushes, until the leg withdrawls into them.

[the rest of the group]
As you talk, Bunyan comes striding into town, covered in mud and blood. Thank you all for helping this village, especally you two strangers he says looking at Mekaz'zan and Gorgonoth, I will see what we can come up with to thank you for your help it is then that he sees the were-tiger, We need to talk... he says and the two walk off behind a house.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Emi freezes in place when the orc's foot slides back into the bush. For a second she can hear only the hammering of blood in her ears. When she can move, she carefully gets to her feet and says, "Who's in there?" to the bush as she backs away a couple of steps.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
"An ally of convenience? Well I guess any help should be thanked." The heavily armored Vimo says as he walks towards Gorgonoth. Removing his gauntlets, the man extends his hand forward. "I am Vimo, part of the city watch. Any injuries?"

Gorgonoth warmly accepts the hand, "I am gorgonoth, as you may have heard, and my injuries have already been tended to" (OCC: assuming someone helped him).

Seing Navar's unpleasant disposition, Gorgonoth ignores the elf, and walks closer to Emi, his guisarme pointing at the bush. "Reveal yourself, or warn your gods that you meet them soon!" he says, his intent rather obvious.

Mista Collins

First Post
WarShrike said:
Navar-Eth ignores the Drow's hand. Having to touch hands with a Human was gross enough. Instead he questions Vimo: "Have you captured any live ones? Perhaps there are a couple that are not beyond help, if your people are so inclined. Myself, i'm sure i at least one of mine could have been saved, but i don't take prisonners. Not where Orcs are concerned at the least. Would be good to know the particulars of why they attacked this time, among other things." Here he glances briefly at Mekaz'zan, but says nothing more.

"I do not make the decisions on whether prisoners are taken. It is simply duty to protect the city when danger is present." Vimo says the the elf. "And to apprehend the occasional thief or cutpurse."

Remove ads