Death of the Dragons

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OK, here is my completed character.
The background is basic (I'll detail it later), and I have to tweak the possessions but he's ready to go.
[sblock]
Gorgoroth
Male human warlock 1 / fighter 1 / monk 2
Medium humanoid

Init +6; Senses Listen +1, Spot +6
Languages Human, draconic,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Defense 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16
+2 dex, +5 armor +1 deflectionhp 29 (4 HD)
lvlv 1: 10 (max+2con), lvl2: 6.5 (1d8+2con), lvl3: 7.5 (1d10+2con), lvl4: 5.5 (1d6+2con)

Fort +7, Ref +3, Wil +6
Spd 30 ft.
Ranged Attack: +4/ damage: 2d6 (eldrich blast)
Unarmed: attack: +4/ Damage: 1d6 +2 (str) + 2d6 (hideous blow)
Melee (+1 guisarme): attack: +5/ damage: 2d4 +4, 10 ft reach (guisarme +3 str-2handed +1 magic) + 2d6 (hideous blow)
Base Atk +2; Grp +8
+2 base +4 improved grapple +2 strenght
Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Str 14 base +1 level 4, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10
Feats Level 1: practiced spellcaster, Human 1: improved initiative, Monk1: unarmed strike, Monk1: improved grapple, Monk2: Combat reflexes, Fighter 1: sorceror spell level 1, Level 3: Power attack[sblock=skills]
(Skill points: m28 +5w +5w)
Concentration: +8 [6 ranks (5 monk, 1 warlock) +2 con]
Balance: +4 [0 ranks +2 dex +2 tumble synergy]
Spot:+6 [5 ranks (monk)+1 wis]
Bluff: +6 [5 ranks (monk) +1 cha]
Diplomacy: +8 [3 ranks (monk) +1 wis +2 bluff synergy +2 sense motive synergy]
Sense motive: +6 [5 ranks (4 warlock, 1 monk) +1 wis]
Tumble: +9 [5 ranks (monk) +2 dex +2 jump synergy]
Jump: :+9 [5 ranks (4 monk, 1 fighter) +2 str +2 tumble synergy]
Ride (Dex): +6 [4 ranks (warrior) +2 dex]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Possessions]+1 mythal chain shirt (2100 gp, 10% spell failure, no acp 10 lb)
2000 ring of protection +1

+1 guisarme (1030)
Heavy Warhorse + Military Saddle... (420gp)
Backpack, Waterskin, Whetstone, Flint & Steel, Rations x3 (6gp)¸
Potion of cure light wounds
Potion of enlarge [/sblock]

Wealth: +0; xxxlbs carried lbs.

Special abilities
Sorcerer spells:as 1st level sorceror (cast (0):5; (1):4 - known (0):4; (1):2 )
level 0: Lignt, mending, message, detect poison
Level 1: True strike, feather fall

Warlock invocations: 1 lesser: Hideous Blow

[sblock=Advancement]L1->Monk 1
L2->monk 2 HP
L3->Fighter 1
L4->warlock 1[/sblock]

[sblock=background]

Gorgonoth was raised in a monk's monastery. He never knew his parents, and doesn't have any memories of his time before the monastery. Gorgonoth was ill adapted to the rigid life of a monk, and left the monastery in his late teens, to explore the world. He has always been trouble by strange dreams, and felt there was something from his past that was pushing him.
He led a mercenary's life for some time, and one night, a few months ago, when he was in a forest, he felt a surge of power. He suddently had strange powers that his warrior's magical training couldn't help him understand. He seeks to learn more about who he is, and this strange source of power.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Thanks and cheers,

SG

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
Hey all. Last thing i wanna do is be a rules bitch, but i noticed a few inconsistancies and wanted to point em out. Shayuri and Dragonflame16, your point buys are a bit off, and Steve Gorak, your gear is worth way more than we are allowed, EB is 1d6, and your AC is off.

Feel free to avenge yourselves by pointing out anything i did wrong. :p

WarShrike

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. No...my point buy is 32. However, I did make an error. Just not where you think I did. :)

I shall break it down.

Here are the base, unmodified stats.

Strength (STR) 8 (0 points)
Dexterity (DEX) 14 (6 points)
Constitution (CON) 15 (8 points)
Intelligence (INT) 12 (4 points)
Wisdom (WIS) 12 (4 points)
Charisma (CHA) 16 (10 points)

6+8+4+4+10 = 32

Then the racial mods are +2 Str, +2 Con, amd +2 Cha.

My mistake was that I included a level up bonus of +1 to Con, and that was premature. She's not actually level 4 yet...she's just ECL 4. Oops!

I'll go ahead and fix that. Thanks for the headsup!

hellrazor111

First Post
Drgonflame16 forgot to add a point for lvl4, i'll let him know next time I see him unless he gets on

and correct me if im wrong steve, but I believe he created the potions and amulet, i gave more exp then for min level 4

4th lvl is 6000exp
5th lvl is 10000exp

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Revised and updated sheet! Note that I'm taking certain liberties as far as the town goes...lemme know if you want anything changed. Also, I don't know the details of dragon/human relations in this game setting...so I'm trying to leave it all secret and unknown. If there's anything that needs to be defined more clearly, or if there's any problems, just let me know or email me and we can get it worked out. :)

Also, most of her items are from the Magic Item Compendium. I included little descriptions, but if you're not comfortable with the selection, let me know. The veils in particular are part of a set of items, and I thought it might be a cool side-quest for her to be seeking out more of the magic veils (I can detail the set for you if you're interested).

Name: Emi
Race: Human (Draconic)
Class/Level: Sorceror 3 (+1)
Exp: 8000/10000

Desc: Emi is a delightful, beautiful young woman with a round, pixieish face, flawless fair skin, a long mane of shining golden hair...and striking amber eyes with catlike vertical pupils. Her fingernails are sharp and strong...not deadly weapons by most measures, but able to give a good scratching. Her teeth are mostly normal, flat, pearly whites...but her canines are sharper and slightly elongated. And if there was any doubt at all about what she is, there's the wings. Small enough for her to hide with binding and a cloak or backpack, big enough to slow falls and help jumps, her wings are yellow-gold scaled limbs with thin, but incredibly tough membranes stretched between. An otherwise beautiful woman, Emi is oddly both vain about her appearance and sensitive about her abnormalities. She enjoys dressing in colorful, even provacative clothes that show off her looks, but is always held back by her reluctance to display her least human attributes.

Strength (STR) 10
Dexterity (DEX) 14
Constitution (CON) 17
Intelligence (INT) 12
Wisdom (WIS) 12
Charisma (CHA) 18

Alignment: Neutral
AC: 13 (10 + 2 Dex + 1 natural)
Buffed AC 21 (inc Mage Armor, Shield)
Hit Points: 18/18
Movement: 30'/60'/120'

Init: +2
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack: +1
Ranged Attack: +3
Fort: +4
Reflex: +3
Will: +4

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus skill points

+2 Str, Con, Cha
Dragonblood subtype
Low Light Vision, Darkvision 60'
+1 natural armor
+4 vs magic sleep, paralysis
+2 Intimidate and Spot
2 claws 1d3

Class Abilities:
Familiar
Spellcasting

Skills: 16+4+4
Bluff +10 (6 ranks + 4 Cha)
Concentration +9 (6 ranks + 3 Con)
Heal +7 (6 ranks + 1 Int)
Spellcraft (6 ranks + 1 Int)

Feats
1 Draconic Heritage (Heal as class skill, +3 vs magic sleep & paralysis)
1 Dragon Wings (+10 jump, glide down falls)
3 Draconic Power (+1 CL and DC on any Fire descriptor spell)

Languages - Common, Draconic

Spells (caster level 3, save DC 14+lvl)

0 - 6/6, 1 - 6/6

0 5 Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Message, Mage Hand
1 3 Mage Armor, Shield, Burning Hands

Money - 20pp 9gp

Weapons -
Dagger, 2gp

Armour -
None

Gear -
Backpack 2lbs 2gp
Bedroll 5lbs 5sp
Ink (1 oz. vial) - 8gp
Inkpen - 1sp
Waterskin 4lbs 1gp
Spell Component pouch 2lbs 5gp
Small steel mirror .5lbs 10gp
2 belt pouch 1lb 2gp
scroll case .5lbs 1gp
6 sheets of paper - 2.4gp

Magic -
Burning Veil, 1000 (head slot, 3/day +1d6 dmg to fire magic)
Caustic Veil, 2000 (waist slot, 3/day +2d6 dmg to acid magic)
Dimension Stride Boots, 2000 (+2 jump, 5/day teleport up to 60')
3 potion of CLW 3lb 150gp

Background:

Emi's history is enigmatic, as it almost must be. Mahda, her adoptive mother, has raised her from infancy, but claims not to know her real parents. She is not truly a half-dragon, but clearly there is a strong draconic bloodline...a mystery in and of itself, given the fate of that ancient species. Emi knows little of dragons or magic, even her own powers are instinctive; learned not by poring over texts and painstakingly learning each word...but rather by harnessing the power of her own emotions and surrendering to the genetic memories of an ancient inhuman language and its power that is as much her legacy as wings and claws.

Mahda, the healing woman and to a lesser extent spiritual advisor to a small forest village has trained Emi as her apprentice, as much as she could. Emi's magic is ill-suited to the task of healing, even though she can easily learn herbcraft and lore...and it is becoming clear to Mahda that Emi's fate lies in another direction. Already the girl has helped the town against the occasional bandit or orc attack, commanding powers of fire to drive them off and bolstering her protections such that few can touch her. Even so, she prepares for the day Emi must leave, gathering the few relics of magic she has held onto all these years to pass them on to the girl she's always thought of as her daughter.

Last edited:

Remove ads