• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December: What are you reading?

I just recieved S.M. Stirlings The Sunrise Lands for christmas. I am new to his books and not sure if I should start with this one or Island in the sea of time or Dies the fire. But as soon as I figure it out thats what Ill be reading. I also started Acacia by David Anthony Durham a few months ago, put had to put it down to RL stuff , but maybe now's the time to start it again.

Bastion

GlassJaw

Hero
After grinding my way through the Potter series, I'm now reading Narnia. Read The Magician's Nephew first and finished The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe last night. Next is The Horse and His Boy.

GlassJaw said:
After grinding my way through the Potter series, I'm now reading Narnia. Read The Magician's Nephew first and finished The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe last night. Next is The Horse and His Boy.

Don't let The Horse and His Boy get you down -- it is easily the least of the entire series. Worth reading, if you are intent on going through the whole sequence, but by itself I had to plod through it.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
BastionLightbringer said:
I just recieved S.M. Stirlings The Sunrise Lands for christmas. I am new to his books and not sure if I should start with this one or Island in the sea of time or Dies the fire.

I think Sunrise Lands is the series that comes after Dies the Fire, Protector War and the third book; Sunrise Lands is about their kids when they are teens or grownups, I think, so it might be best to read the previous series first.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Right now, I'm finishing up Patricia Brigg's wonderful Raven's Shadow and I ordered the second book (she does two book series, generally). Then I'll start on her third Mercy Thompson book, Iron-Called.

Before that was Hero by Perry Moore and Making Money by Terry Pratchett.

GlassJaw

Hero
Readerbreeder said:
Don't let The Horse and His Boy get you down -- it is easily the least of the entire series. Worth reading, if you are intent on going through the whole sequence, but by itself I had to plod through it.

Yeah, I'm reading the whole series. I'm probably a third of the way into The Horse. Enjoying it so far but doesn't seem like it has a lot to do with the first two stories.

Remove ads