D&D 5E "Deep Magic" (Kobold Press)

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I just got my Kickstarter copy of Deep Magic by Kobold Press. I've looked at the new class options but haven't read through all the spells yet.

I'm curious whether anyone else on the board has it, and if so, what you think of it. I know there was concern about balance in the earlier versions of some of these options.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I just got my Kickstarter copy of Deep Magic by Kobold Press. I've looked at the new class options but haven't read through all the spells yet.

I'm curious whether anyone else on the board has it, and if so, what you think of it. I know there was concern about balance in the earlier versions of some of these options.
I didn't back; but would be interested in your take after you have read it...

I have it. From what I have seen so far the spells seem pretty balanced. One or two appeared to have been nerfed from the Heroes Handbook. My concern is that their subclasses tend to be underpowered compared to official WoTC subclasses. They have a lot of flavor which makes them fun to play but they can be niche and less powerful than my players would like. Still it is worth getting; it is a great book.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm

I have it too. One thing's for certain: it's huge and looks great! But I'm not sure they have all the spells and all the lore, some stuff seems left out.

Remove ads