Deep Water and Shoals characters

dead_radish

Explorer
Just a quick note - Malthas' BG will be coming up asap - probably tomorrow night. I ended up joining and Co-DM'ing another pbp, so I have to finish up all that today, then I can history tomorrow. ;)

And Use Rope would be an excellent idea, thanks!

kenjib

First Post
Bob Aberton said:

Oh, and kenjib, I'll remember to put Port Andora, a "freeport for freebooters" on my map. Thanks for the idea.

Cool, thanks. I'm glad you approve of everything. Note that the city is referred to as it existed 50 years ago, so a lot could have changed over time to such a volatile place if you want to/need to change it into something else in the current time frame -- or it could still be a hive of scum and villany, at your discretion. :)

Bob Aberton

First Post
Xael: that's an awesome character you have there.

And I love the motivation, too; adventuring for the sake of maps. :D

Hopefully, I'll be able to email a copy of The World map by Tuesday or therebouts.

dead_radish: glad you like you like my idea. I can't wait to see what Malthas' BG is...

Xael

First Post
Bob Aberton said:
Xael: that's an awesome character you have there.

And I love the motivation, too; adventuring for the sake of maps. :D

Hopefully, I'll be able to email a copy of The World map by Tuesday or therebouts.

What? :confused: It's perfectly normal to like maps!

GIMME MAPS! :D *twitch*

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Xanaphia Silvershell
Female Sea Elf, Druid 3rd level
Hit Points: 19
Init: +3
Speed: 30, Swim 40
AC: 15
BAB: +2
Base Melee: +2
Base Missile: +5
Special Quailities:
Immunity to Sleep (Ex)
Low-light Vision (Ex)
Aquatic Elf Traits (Ex)
Water Breathing (Ex)
+2 Will bonus vs Enchantment Spells.
Nature Sense
Woodlands Stride
Trackless Step
Alignment: Neutral Good
Saves:
Fort: +4
Relfex +4
Will +7
STR 10 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 10 WIS 18 CHA 16

Skills: Animal Empathy +8, Diplomancy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +8, Intuit Direction +5, Listen +6, Search +2, Spot +6, Wilderness Lore +9, Profession: Cook +5

Feats:
Animal Defiance
Weapon Finesse: Dagger

Spells Prepared (Drd 4/3/2)
0 - Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
1 - Animal Friendship, Cure Light Wounds (2), Entangle
2 - Barkskin, Summon Swarm

Weapons:
Masterwork Dagger: Attack Bonus +6 Damage 1d4 Crit.19-20/x2

Armor:
Masterwork Leather: Armor Bonus +2 Light Armor AP 0

Possession:
Masterwork Dagger
Masterwork Leather Armor
Masterwork Healer's Kit
Spell Component Pouch
Belt Pouch (2)
Trail Rations (2)
Cure Light Wounds Potion (2)
Air Breathing Potion (2)
Coral, 100 gold piece value (4)
Fishing Net
Anitoxin (2)
Traveler's Outfit
Gold (25)

Description:
Xanaphia is a Female Sea Elf from the reef city of Alliquia off the coast of Dim West. She is 5'2" tall and weighs 98 lbs. She has emerald green hair, pale blue eyes, and greenish silver skin. She has gills on the sides of her neck that close when she travels above water.

History:
Xanaphia is the daughter of a noted healer and potion maker. Her mother was killed in a sea troll attack when she was young. At a early age she felt the call of the earth, sky, and sea. She learned the secret names of the ocean and sky and became a druid of the Sea Elf people. At the tender age of 140 she began her "Great Swim" a druidic rite of passage in which she would travel great distances and learn new things about the world in which she lived. While traveling she encountered a Hull merchant ship. Seeing a possiblity to travel to the lands to the east she joined the crew as a healer, cook, and weather seer. She found these humans to be rough and crude but friendly and she has enjoyed their company. She looks to discover new places and new sights in her travels.

Animal Companion:
Mulki, Female Porpoise
HD 2d8+2 HP 11 Init +3 Spd Swim 80 AC 15
Attack Butt +4 melee
Damage 2d4
Blind Sight (Ex)
Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1
Listen +10, Spot +10
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
And Malthas' background is up, as well as his updated stats. He should be far more useful now that I found out Profession (Pilot) and (Navigator) are int-based skills. ;) Woo hoo!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Cool so far our crew includes

1a Halfling 'swashbuckler' - boarding actions
2a Gnome scorcerer-artiliriest? - guns
3a Drow cartographer - course plotting
4a Half-orc Voodoo bocor-Navigator priest - course plotting
5a human barbarian swordfish-hunter:) - boarding actions, fishing:)
6a sea elf healer-weather seer - back up

Some to set the course. someone to steer, someone to man the guns, someone to lead the boarding actions, someone to tend the sails!

so what else do we need

Also
Yellow sign is Sea Elf not an +ECL race? Xaels Drow has a +2 ECl and I 'd think sea elf was at least that too

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The aquatic elf from the monster manual is a basic elf. They get swimming and water breathing but can only breath air for 1 hour per con point, so that kinda balances it. Otherwise its pretty much a elf, save their stat bonus is +2 dex and -2 int and their favored class is fighter. I built it from E-tools and it was a base ECL race.

garyh

First Post
Tonguez said:
Cool so far our crew includes

1a Halfling 'swashbuckler' - boarding actions
2a Gnome scorcerer-artiliriest? - guns
3a Drow cartographer - course plotting
4a Half-orc Voodoo bocor-Navigator priest - course plotting
5a human barbarian swordfish-hunter:) - boarding actions, fishing:)
6a sea elf healer-weather seer - back up

Some to set the course. someone to steer, someone to man the guns, someone to lead the boarding actions, someone to tend the sails!

I had meant that being a sorcerer with magic missile, Bimzoole was the artillery piece. :D However, I have shifted some skill points to Prof (Artillery) as well now, since I like the idea and it's natural for a gnome.

Say, Bob, does Alchemy include gunpowder? :eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads