Deep Water and Shoals characters

Xael

First Post
dead_radish:

This might be a bad time, but I don't think that small characters can take Weapon Finesse (Short Sword).

dead_radish

Explorer
From the SRD:

Weapon Finesse [General]

Prerequisite: Proficient with weapon, base attack bonus +1 or higher.

Choose one light weapon. Alternatively, the character can choose a rapier, provided the character can use it in one hand, or a spiked chain, provided the character is at least Medium-size.

The only weapons with size restrictions are the rapier and the spiked chain.

I almost wish I'd chosen a Halfling Rapier instead, anyway - 1d4 weapon that has an 18-20 crit range. But it's a feat to use it (exotic), so....

Xael

First Post
Sorry...

PHB page 97:
Light:If the weapon's size category is smaller than yours (such as a human using a small weapon), then the weapon is light for you.

dead_radish

Explorer
Bah! Remind me to kill you first! ;)

Okay. I edited Malthas somewhat, then, to account for that. I removed a lot of his miscellaneous magical items to modify the sword, which is now a small rapier (using the scaling a weapon rules).

dead_radish

Explorer
No worries. I just don't usually play small characters, so I blocked that bit out completely. I guess that's why there was both a small rapier and a halfling rapier listed in various d20 products. Otherwise your only choices for finesse is a dagger, which is just boring.

Bob: Is a small rapier acceptable? Basically I just took the DMG suggested rules for scaling weapons and reduced the damage from d6 to d4, keeping the rest of the stats the same.

Remove ads