Deepwater's Despair

ender_wiggin

First Post
"I know I would ruther fight with the sun on me back. I say we leave tomorrow morn, all rested up with a belly full o' breakfast. What d'ya say?"

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis nods.* "Rest and rewards are both good arguments, I think. Information would be helpful as well. I vote we leave in the morn."

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"Do we know where the last attack was, and when? If not, let's find that out this day. We can leave bright and early."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I believe we do know where the last attack was, but I'll see if I can't find out more information." Fluke says before taking off to see what he can find out.

*Being early in the day he will visit the local merchant and find out what they know about the bandits and ask if there is any reward in it if the group were to bring back all the merchant's goods. Then as shops begin to close, he will make his way through the inns to gather information making the inn where everyone else is his last stop.*

[ooc:Gather Information +4, Knowledge (local) +4]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*You can confirm that the last attack was about a day and a half out from Deepwater, and the jeweler, blacksmith, and cloth merchant would all be delighted to pay a reward for the return of their goods.*

*The next morning the group gathers, having had breakfast from Thrak in the form thick slabs of bread and bacon, washed down with cider. Heading out onto the road, the morning is bright and cool, and the birds sing brightly into the dawn. There is a meadow-like verge that extends to about ten feet on either side of the road, which is large enough for a wagon and a couple horses to travel on comfortably.*

*As you further and further, you see little sign of conflict, and it becomes curious that so much death and chaos could have occured on such a quiet road. However, just after lunch, you spot a particularly large tree that leans over the road. Nothing would be too unusual about it, except that Sargon and Korrim both spot a large nest of some sort in the branches. It is a particularly large nest, and both spy a pair of large and predatory birds on the branches nearby.*

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

Sargon is in a good mood. As much as he likes to get out of the city, he can't really complain about such a fine breakfast and pleasent accomodations. He's starting to feel a bit lonely for female companionship, as well, which seems unlikely to be found while fighting bandits.

"Soon, we need to get out of this meadow. To avoid ambush, we need to do more bushwhacking. Hmmm, that seems like a particularly large birdnest. See that?" *He points it out to the others.*

OOC: Does it seem large enough that the nest's occupants might pose a threat to humans?

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis considers the birds.* "Big indeed. I wonder if they're inclined to attack...." *He thinks back on what he knows of such creatures.* (OOC: K(Nature))

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Those are bloodhawks, parents by the look of it, and they probably have young to feed. They are very aggressive birds that cause deep bleeding wounds to their prey.*

Remove ads