Deepwater's Despair

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Stay on your toes, men," says Torug. "If possible, I'd wanna get through here without any trouble. But if they get agitated, we might be in for a good scrap."

*Torug tries not to make any blatant, quick movements, and mentally finishes a prayer to Talos.*

Mordane76

First Post
"Keep quiet, Thok," Prendalin says sternly to the raven on his shoulder. *He pulls back on the reins to slow the mule and the cart. *

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon frowns at the mule and cart. "We're going off roads here. Do you really need that cart? We should probably try to avoid that nest. Let's head into the brush now and give it a wide berth."

Mordane76

First Post
"I'm not a strapping soldier like most of you - I can't carry what I own on my person. Anyway - carts provide cover; you all may take cover behind it when they start shooting poison arrows at us as well," Prenadlin replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I agree Sargon, I think it might be best to skirt around the nest of these brids, there is no reason to aggrevate them. Come on follow me up this way." Fluke says as he starts bounding off into the forest, ignoring or forgetting about the potential problem the wagon might cause in the denser terrain.

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"You can't take that cart through the woods. Let's strap it onto the mule. You can lead the mule. Leave the cart here. I'll help you. But let's hurry. I don't want those big birds seeing us. Keep you bows handy gentlemen."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Very carefully edging your way around the birds, keeping to the treeline to make it harder for them to dive upon you, you pass without incident. Eventually darkness begins to fall, and the road still stretches on before you...*

Erekose13

Explorer
"I do not relish an attack on us at night. Perhaps we should stop here and put up camp. We can sit two to a watch tonight and set a fire. Who's hungry?" says Fluke, hoping one of the others will do the cooking cause he has proven to Keylaran repeatedly not to let him near food preparation. One can only hope that he is better at mixing chemicals than he is at cooking.

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"Yes. We will only blunder into ambush in the dark. We will stay off the road entirely tomorrow. Fluke or another quiet one can scout, and I will lead the others. Your mule can follow last, Prenadlin."

Sargon can cook, though not well.

Remove ads