• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deepwater's Despair

ender_wiggin

First Post
*Torug takes one more look to make sure that the vines are still looking hostile, then commences the operation.*

"Aye, I've not got all day to sit on me arse."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The group launches the vials of oil until the vines are thoroughly soaked. As they are hit, they begin to writhe, shaking as if in distaste. Fluke delivers the coup de gras as he hurls the alchemist's fire. The entire sheet of vines goes up in flames, writhing and wiggling like dancing snakes. It takes about an hour before the fire dies enough for you to investigate further, but all of the vines are decidedly charred, most to ash, and not a thing is moving. Beyond the cave mouth you hear and see nothing unusual, just a natural-looking cave opening.*

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Cripes, I'll be blasted if it's just a worms infested hole."

*Torug, nevertheless, unslings his morningstar and strides cautiously toward the cave opening.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"Here, I have a sunrod. Just strike it and it will provide you with enough light." Fluke says handing his light to whomever wants to carry it. Being the sneaky one, he doesn't want to carry the light, but will if no one takes it. Then he takes a position at the back of the group, hoping to sneak off and find some buried treasure.

dead_radish

Explorer
Tyralis considers for a moment. "Wait, wait - let's think about this. It's going to be a narrow tunnel, most like. If we're moving in single file, we need to work this out. Sargon, you've got the longest reach - you can take the second spot, so you don't get tangled up. And you can easily swing your weapon over Torug's head, couldn't you? Let the dwarf take the point, then you follow. Fluke can be protected in the middle, and I'll stand behind, guarding the rear. If need be, I can likely put an arrow in something without striking you."

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

Sargon seems somewhat dumbfounded by Tyralis' suggestion. A strong young warrior like himself should always take the lead. Shouldn't he? Yet the ranger's suggestion was valid.

"Very well. Fluke, can you hold the sunrod? I need both hands for my weapon."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Fine I'll take the sunrod." says Fluke pouting about having to stay in the middle of the group. He really was looking forward to leaving them behind and sneaking off.

[ooc: wait so the rogue is now the most fragile party member? doh!]

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis nods, satisfied* At least this group can take suggestions. And besides, it gets that dwarf in front of Korgan, so the tough bugger can shield him. "If you need to pass the torch, Fluke, I'm sure one of us can hold it for a time."

OOC: I think so - our magic support and our fighter seem to have fallen by the wayside, and I figure they wandered off. ;)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Prendalin and Korrim chose to stay in town, not wanting to waste more time, and figuring they could get more interesting work elsewhere...*

*Walking inside the cave, you go down a short passage. Tyralis notices faint kobold tracks all over the place, but it seems they've been purposely muddled. You get to the back of the cave, where it abruptly ends in a roundish chamber barely six feet high.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads