Defending an Evil Fortress From PC Marauders!

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Depending on his Jump and Balance skills (as if they aren't going to be through the roof?), an evil Epic monk might make his abode in a tower comprised entirely of moving rods, each no more than 5" in diameter.

Possibly greased.

Possibly in an anti-magic field.

Anyone fighting him inside has to make constant Jump and/or Climb and Balance checks to reach him at the heart of the tower. He, meanwhile, uses extensive bull rush and trip attacks to keep the high ground.

Asmo

First Post
Arrggh! Shark-infested messageboards again, beware!! :)

It´s been a while, I´ll just enjoy this thread as long as it last.

Welcome back!

Asmo

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Wow! Hey, the Gargantuan Treant House and room of greased moving rods for the monk, Ha! That's great!

Ok, I've written up a force of about 30 Fighter 20 Wang-Liangs, led by a Fighter 25 Wang-Liang/Half Dragon (Blue), with 6 Sorcerer 20 Wang-Liangs, and a Sorcerer 25 Wang-Liang commander. There are 4 Cleric 20 Wang-Liangs, and 12 Monk 20 Wang-Liangs. Hmmm...8 Gargantuan Unholy Treants, and a large flock of evil, intelligent giant ravens. Some Otyughs in the sewer plant under the citadel, and a few Erinyes as pets and lovers.

More thoughts?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Aha! The SHARK meister has returned! I hope you plan on becoming a regular poster again. I can't till the next paladin thread! ;)

I'll get in touch with you sometime this weekend. :)

mmadsen

First Post
SHARK said:
The players have made some friends at an ancient secluded elven fortress and temple, which also features a Lammasu, and several Storm Giants, located in a magical forest. The players stayed there for over a month, training, resting, and consulting the Lammasu and the elves.
It's fairly typical for evil strongholds to be "decorated" with skulls, heads on pikes, etc. What about a Storm Giant head on a giant pike though? (Maybe a tree stripped of branches.) Or a Lammasu pelt hanging over the wall? (Or as an article of clothing, Hercules-style, for the Barbarian.)

William Ronald

Explorer
Here are some ideas. Add in some demons and undead among the residents of the evil temple. The knight of infamy may have an infernal steed of some sort.

Also, if you have the Oriental Adventures book, you can use some of the creatures from it. Possibly the temple complex could have a gateway to the lower planes.... to call up some reinforcements.

Remove ads