RPG Print News – Free League, Columbia Games, Arc Dream Publishing, and More

Vaesen, HârnWorld, Delta Green, Traveller 2300AD, Deadlands, and D&D all have new print products out this week.

Vaesen gets a book of five new mystery adventures, HârnWorld gets a kingdom of the dwarves, and Delta Green a new horror adventure. Meanwhile, out in space, Traveller 2300AD gets a big box set adventure and transformable robots travel to Earth in the 80s to battle it out. Pregenerated character cards depict cowpokes for Deadlands. There are also superhero rules and a coloring book for D&D to round out the week.

Note: RPG Print News covers recent RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers only through Kickstarter or as print on demand.

160 the lost mountain saga.JPG

The Lost Mountain Saga by Free League Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Vaesen - Nordic Horror Roleplaying
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover adventures supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99
  • DESCRIPTION: An epic campaign of five mysteries. Mysterious accidents plague the Swedish mining town of Falun, and a pious man takes it upon himself to get to the bottom of the problem via the PCs. The PCs hear alarming reports that the Asylum in Upsala is getting overcrowded due to an unexplained uptick in admitted patients. An island off the coast of northern Norway is in distress, and the authorities hire the PCs to discover the truth. The ancient spring celebration of Valborg is close, but within the surrounding forests of the celebration, secrets are waiting to be uncovered. An ancient stone has been discovered in the dark caves of the Abisko region in the north of Sweden. Exploitation soon begins with little regard for potential risks or consequences and the PCs are pulled into the middle of the mess. Written by actor and podcaster Ellinor Dilorenzo and based on her original podcast with the same name but expanded and modified for official RPG release.
160 kingdom of azadmere.JPG

Kingdom of Azadmere by Columbia Games
  • SYSTEM: HârnWorld fantasy setting
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99
  • OTHER RPG COVERAGE: Hârn interview
  • DESCRIPTION: Azadmere is a unique hybrid of Khuzan (dwarven) and human customs and is the only remaining kingdom of Khuzdul (dwarves) on Hârn. Located high in the Sorkin Mountains, the kingdom is centered on the city of Azadmere, an impressive walled settlement with a moat, stout double walls, and prominent towers. The Outer City lies between Lake Arain and a massive cliff while the Inner City is carved into the rock of the mountain and has tunnels which lead to the mines and to the Godstone that sits at the heart of the mountain. The Khuzdul have a strong enmity for the gargun (orcs) that infest the surrounding mountains. Also includes the nearby Zerhun fortress and settlement of Habe.
160 from the dust.JPG

From the Dust by Arc Dream Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Delta Green
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99
  • DESCRIPTION: The Gerritsen mansion stands covered by scaffolding and plastic tarps in its slow metamorphosis into condominiums. But when the day’s work ends, something stirs in the darkness. Children of Red Hook have begun to vanish. Delta Green takes an interest and sends in the PCs. The PC Agents investigate the three most recent disappearances and strange reports and if some unnatural horror is at work, they must find a way to stop it.
160 project bayern.JPG

Project Bayern by Mongoose Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Traveller 2300AD
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box set of four softcover books and a poster map
  • RETAIL PRICE: 99.99
  • DESCRIPTION: In four softcover books, this box set contains all the data needed to run an ongoing campaign of adventures based around the monumental voyage of the Bayern. The starship Bayern leaves human space to cross more than 450 light-years of unexplored territory before reaching the Pleiades star cluster in the constellation of Taurus. Details on the ship and its auxiliary vessels are included, background information on the Astronomischen Rechen-lnstitut, biographical information on the flight crew and heads of the scientific team which can be used as ready-made PCs or NPCs. A section on the Pleiades provides astrophysical information on the star cluster which have long been a source of wonder and inspiration to humans who observed them in the fall and winter skies of Earth. A giant poster map depicts the many decks of the Bayern on one side and a star chart of the Pleiades on the other. I have this massive box and the two sets of rules needed to run it. It is an entire in depth campaign of scientific discovery and exciting but dangerous exploration.
160 s5e.JPG
160 deadlands cards.JPG

S5E Superheroic Roleplaying | Deadlands Archetype Card Set 4 by Pinnacle
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition/Deadlands
  • PRODUCT TYPE: 12 extra-large cards/hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $49.99/9.95
  • DESCRIPTION: S5E Superheroic Roleplaying brings all the action from comics and movies to the tabletop. Injustice, terrorism, and violent crime are on the rise and the PCs need to step up. Includes: 10 superheroic classes with 28 subclasses, 583 superpowers, superheroic spell progression and armor class, support for ancestry and culture, and ammunition tracking and modern weapons. Armed with a trusty six-gun, scared tomahawk, holy miracle, or arcane hex great heroes rise across the West to fight evil in Deadlands Archetype Card Set 4. It introduces 12 Seasoned cowpokes trying to survive in the Weird West depicted on 3.5" by 5" extra-large cards.
160 commandroids.JPG

Commandroids - A World Transformed by Nerdy City Games
  • SYSTEM: ReMemorex
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $45
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs control giant, transforming robots in the 80s: heroic Symbitron battling the evil Nemesites in the shadows of Cold-War-era suburbia and the neon pop-culture glow of 1986. PCs might be an agile jet fighter, a powerful truck, a sleek sports car, or perhaps something stranger. Contains: complete rules for creating both a Commandroid and a human pilot, over 100 Altmodes from helicopters to home appliances, Bullrush County in Florida home of the Scramble City Theme Park, dozens of customizable weapons and devices, antagonists and NPCS including Holomatixx and Kremzoids, and rules for the playing the Shogun Configuration which is a devastating combiner robot PCs form together.
160 dungeons & dragons coloring.JPG

Dungeons & Dragons Coloring Book by Ten Speed Press
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover coloring book
  • RETAIL PRICE: $16.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Features 80 unique line drawings of classic, well-known, and never-before-seen official Dungeons & Dragons illustrations from the Forgotten Realms to the Feywild. It explores iconic scenes, characters, and creatures from the adventure-filled worlds of Dungeons & Dragons.
Charlie Dunwoody participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program and the Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG and Noble Knight Games.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Dire Bare

Legend
Is the Commandroids game to the official Transformers RPG what GoBots are to the Transformers themselves? ;)

I have the Transformers RPG from Renegade . . . haven't played it yet . . . but it seems like a fun game and system. Plus it already has several supplements out already.

I'm glad Commandroids is getting a printing. Played it years back at a convention. The price made me check the page count, which turns out to be pretty robust. Not an immediate pick up but could definitely end up on my Xmas list.

antiwesley

Unpaid Scientific Adviser (Ret.)
As always, here's your non-afilliate links that make no-one except the company that produces it money:

Vaesen - The Lost Mountain Saga - Print w/ PDF-
Kingdom of Azadmere - Hardcover Pre-Order
Delta Green - From the Dust - Print/Pdf
DTRPG - (non-afifliated link) Delta Green - From the Dust - PDF only
Traveller 2300 - Project Bayern - Print+PDF
Traveller 2300 - Project Bayern - PDF only
Deadlands - Archetypes Set 4 - Print + PDF
Deadlands - Archetypes Set 4 - PDF only
S5E Superheroic Roleplaying - Print/PDF or PDF only
Commandroids - Print/PDF in various options (DTRPG non-affilate link)
Dungeons and Dragons Colouring Book - Softcover with links to other merchandisers. (May also be available at your Local Friendly Comic Book Store for order)

As Charles and I agree on, always support your Local Friendly Gaming Store, or your Local Friendly Comic Book store, or the companies themselves, to ensure that the companies get the most bang for your buck. And as always, I recieve NO kickbacks or afilliate money from this post. As a former retailer myself, I can assure you this is the most direct and most valuable links to the companies themselves. If you can't buy direct, then please give your Local Friendly Store your support.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Not every NPC or building is fleshed out. There are plenty of blanks in Harn stuff.
Oh. I thought that one of the selling points was that every building was detailed.

This Kickstarter page is vaguer than I remember on how many buildings have their locks and contents of their room spelled out. The main Columbia Games website also seems to mostly exist for people who already known Harn, because pages like this aren't terribly helpful.

HOOS-karl

Villager
There is a lot of development, but it still allows GM freedom to make it their own. I agree that we website is in desperate need of improvement, but they are a small family business. I use this link to look at products.

Last edited:

Oh. I thought that one of the selling points was that every building was detailed.

This Kickstarter page is vaguer than I remember on how many buildings have their locks and contents of their room spelled out. The main Columbia Games website also seems to mostly exist for people who already known Harn, because pages like this aren't terribly helpful.

Harn interview

This might help some, but yes the level of detail is hard to completely explain in a short web page.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads