• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Defenition of interacting?

Yig

First Post
Let say the party is under the effect of a Veil spell.

The spell description mention that:

Those who interact with the subjects can attempt Will disbelief saves to see through the glamer, but spell resistance doesn’t help.

That mean that if anybody only talk to us they get a Will save? Or they have to touch us?

Li Shenron

Legend
Are they trying to impersonate specific individuals or to conceal their identity under a generic disguise?
Are they trying to impersonate a difference race, gender, etc...?

For example, if they are male humans trying to pass as female humans, their voice may betray them (assuming the spell changes only the look). But if the are trying to pass as male dwarves, the voice may not be enough, they would need to be touched. If they are white-skinned and try to pass as black-skinned not even toucing would grant a ST.

Yig

First Post
Veil
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Targets: One or more creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: Concentration + 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes; see text

You instantly change the appearance of the subjects and then maintain that appearance for the spell’s duration. You can make the subjects appear to be anything you wish. The subjects look, feel, and smell just like the creatures the spell makes them resemble. Affected creatures resume their normal appearances if slain. You must succeed on a Disguise check to duplicate the appearance of a specific individual. This spell gives you a +10 bonus on the check.

Unwilling targets can negate the spell’s effect on them by making Will saves or with spell resistance. Those who interact with the subjects can attempt Will disbelief saves to see through the glamer, but spell resistance doesn’t help.

In our case, we just want to disguise ourselves as something else since our enemy knows how we look.

My character is an half-ogre while the rest of the party are all humans.

So if we keep our gender and are all humans (even me) we should be good.

Li Shenron

Legend
Yig said:
So if we keep our gender and are all humans (even me) we should be good.

I think so. The ST would be triggered only if they touch you, and for instance their hand notices that the armor you're apparently wearing feels too soft at the touch.

shilsen

Adventurer
Li Shenron said:
I think so. The ST would be triggered only if they touch you, and for instance their hand notices that the armor you're apparently wearing feels too soft at the touch.
That's how I'd treat it too. Physical interaction is needed, not just looking at you.

Infiniti2000

First Post
The saving throw will also be triggered if a conversation occurs, and possibly even if your party makes enough noise to rouse suspicion (the half-ogre may not 'sound' like a human).

Interaction includes sound. It has to, otherwise spells like ghost sound would be Saving Throw: none.

Yig

First Post
The thing that bug me is that Veil is a 6th level spell and so should be pretty powerful.

The next game is in a week so we will find a compromise with the DM.

Remove ads