• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Defensive Roll (3.75)

-Avalon-

First Post
I am trying to blend 3.5 and 4.0 to make 3.75 (kinda like the Star Wars system)... but in doing so have run across a few problem children, one of which is Defensive Roll...

I cannot figure out if there is already a working method for it or not in 4th, cannot find reference of it, etc... If anyone has info, thanks I need it.

Otherwise: Anyone have any ideas how to do Defensive Roll in a 4th edition style? As it is, it is a Reflex Saving Throw, and I am going with Reflex as a defense, not a save. And a dex check seems a bit wrong and not powerful enough...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated =)

Alex319

First Post
I assume that you are referring to the "Defensive Roll" feat that lets you make a reflex save when you are about to drop to 0 hp in order to try to halve the damage you take from the attack:

Defensive Roll - NWN2Wiki, the Neverwinter Nights 2 wiki - Races, classes, skills, and more

---

One way of doing this is to make it an Encounter or Daily power, something like this:

Defensive Roll - Paragon Tier Feat

Prerequisites: Dex 17

Effects: You have access to the following power:

Defensive Roll - Feat Power
Daily* - Immediate Interrupt

Trigger:
An attack hits you that would put you at 0 or fewer hit points.
Effect: Take half damage from the triggering attack. Ongoing damage the triggering attack deals is not affected.

*You could change this to an Encounter power if you wanted it to be more powerful.

Remove ads