[Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night

Giant Boy

Explorer
Finally, as if this weren't enough, my wife Katrina contracted a staph infection on her leg that rapidly turned into a huge boil that regularly vented blood by the tablespoonful.

Good times, eh?

Didn't you mention at home that is was like being in a Stephen King based zombie horror film regarding the blood venting?

Giant Boy

Explorer
I'm seeing how this will turn out. My own version based on the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker. Enjoy!

[sblock=DRACULA]

Dracula

Based on the classic novel Dracula by Bram Stoker. My own version after studying and researching the oringinal plot of the classic novel. Has been changed a little to fit my own imagination folks if my version was a movie. :D

Main Characters
Count Dracula
Reinfield
Abraham Van Helsing
Johnathon Harker
Quincey Morris
Dr. John Seward
Aurthur Holmwood
Mina Murray
Lucy Westerna
Brides of Dracula
The Gypsies

Plot Summary

Jonathon Harker is strangely invited to Transylvania by Count Dracula for unusual reasons yet to be explained. Harker is curious about the strange events that occur in the night. Once he discoves the Brides of Dracula, they try to kill him, but Dracula saves him at the last second. Harker then discovers Dracula is a vampire and barely escapes from him to England with his life.

Dracula crosses to England through the Russian ship Demeter and the crew is shown all to be slain once he leaves the ship. Harker arrives and meets an American, Quincey Morris, his friend Aurthur Holmwood, and psychastrist Dr. John Seward, Harker tells them about Dracula, but they don't believe him. Lucy Westerna is attacked by a wolf, really Dracula, and is brought under the care of Harker, Morris, Holmwood, and Seward. Unable to figure out her condition they call in Dr. Abraham Van Helsing, but he arrives to late and they bury Lucy. Soon reports of children being stalked by a beatiful lady are occuring. Van Helsing believes that it means Lucy has become a vampire and he, alongside Morris, Seward, and Holmwood slay her in her vampric form. Harker convinces Helsing of his encounter with Dracula.

Meanwhile Dracula meets Reinfield, a commoner who lives in the suburbs of London. He takes control of Reinfield, who becomes Dracula's servant. Mina Murray is introduced as the devoted fiancee of Harker, whom Dracula is menacing, alongside the dead Lucy Westerna, whom he killed earlier. A guard finds Reinfield insane, and brings him under the care of Seward. Van Helsing has his first encounter with Dracula himself, a fight happens, and Dracula escapes after knocking Helsing out of concousness.
Mina Murray and Harker soon join with Van Helsing, Morris, Seward, and Holmwood and plot the end of Dracula, who soon hears of this. Dracula then takes his revenge by biting Mina three times and she falls under his control and he secretely has Reinfield escape from Seward's care.

A week later Holmwood finds Morris's body and tells the others that Dracula victimized him and will appear as a vampire soon after. Van Helsing helps Holmwood slay Morris in his vampric form. Dracula is then escapes back to Transylvania with Mina Murray. Helsing, Harker, and Holmwood has Seward help them figure out where Dracula escaped with Mina to from Reinfield. He successfuly does when the other three leave for the night, but Seward kills Reinfield afterwards. Seward is then victimized by a random vampire working with Reinfield, who is killed later after the discovery. Then Seward as a vampire escapes to Transylvania to replace Reinfield under Dracula's service.

Harker realizes where Dracula is, and goes to hunt him down alongside Abraham Van Helsing and Aurthur Holmwood, the remaining three of the men who plotted against Count Dracula. They then fight off a group of gypsies, hired by Dracula once he returned. Holmwood gets lost from the other two after the fight, and he finds Seward and Dracula, who leaves. Holmwood minds "raises" in panic once he discovers that Seward has been victimized. He sneaks up and slays Seward by impaling him in the chest. Dracula sneaks up behind Holmwood and snaps his neck, thus killing Holmwood. Harker and Helsing reach Dracula's castle, unaware of what happened to Holmwood. Once inside the castle, they split up to search for Mina. Van Helsing as an encounter with the Brides of Dracula and falls under their spell.

Meanwhile John Harker finds Mina, but Dracula is also in the room. The two fight and Harker is nearly killed by Count Dracula. At the last second before Dracula succeeds in victimizing Harker, Van Hesling interupts from behind Dracula, who lost his grip of Harker before he victimizes. Helsing charges at the vampire and impales him with a wooden stake, killing the villain as he crumples to dust. Harker and Helsing free Mina of Dracula's grip. When Harker asks Helsing what happened to him, Helsing explains his encounter with The Brides of Dracula, and how the sunlight killed them at the last second. Johnathon Harker, Mina Murray, and Abraham Van Hesling go back to England, not London. Abraham Van Helsing goes on vacation to America. Harker and Mina marry in the end, and decide to name their possible baby boy Quincey, to remember their american friend.

The End!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Woo hoo!

It's summer! I'm done working full time until mid-August!

I'm still teaching some credit recovery stuff for high schoolers on a half-day schedule, so I'm not completely at loose ends. Still, I'll be able to stay caught up with my games much more easily now that I can do something other than work, sleep, and eat.

Updates start tomorrow!

Woo hoo!

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Been a while since I've check the in game thread my apologies. Been working on D&D articles for a magazine and for some reason seem to have slipped my mind to check the thread.

anywho,

Towards giant boy and dacen's comment -
It would actually be pretty cool if the undead beggar started writing on the ground . . .

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Holy crap! I can log on!

With luck, whatever gremlin has kept me off ENWorld for several days has been found and defeated. I've got Mass to got to in a bit followed by a birthday party. I'll do my best to start updating my games this evening.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Graybeard, your comment in game struck me as absolutely hilarious. Something about the (normally) timid Dacen jumping down the column, then I picture this exasperated look on your characters face.

As an aside, I hope you do all check out the adventure in my sig. I'm really excited about it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Remove ads