Deleting account

Hello,

Is there a way to request deletion of content as well as removal of account? I see it's possible to edit one's post to a "." since apparently the edit functions requires a single character, but maybe there is some option this site's admins have at their disposal to automate the process?

If there is no "quick and easy" way, I'll take the time to remove my content here before asking to have my association with the website severed.

Thanks in advance for the clarifications on the available options.

Best regards.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Overall, deleting all posts on an account is something you'd need to speak with @Morrus about, and iirc, PMs are a better venue for that discussion than an open thread here.

One thing we want to be sure about is that deletion of content is really serving your needs, because once the content is gone, it is GONE, and will never come back. If you change your mind in a few months, there'd be nothing we could do for you. There are other things we can do to disconnect this online identity from the site without taking that irreversible step.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So we comply with GDPR (even for non-EU people) and what we delete on request is specific personal information, of which we store very little -- email, IP, couple of other little bits. Posts you have made don't fall under that umbrella, but you do have the ability to edit them yourself. Generally, we will leave that to you.

Overall, deleting all posts on an account is something you'd need to speak with @Morrus about, and iirc, PMs are a better venue for that discussion than an open thread here.

One thing we want to be sure about is that deletion of content is really serving your needs, because once the content is gone, it is GONE, and will never come back. If you change your mind in a few months, there'd be nothing we could do for you. There are other things we can do to disconnect this online identity from the site without taking that irreversible step.

Thanks for the clarification. I gave myself a two-month holiday from the board to reflect and I am set. Actually, I the goal would just be, in case I find another online community to discuss RPGs with, to avoid my username pointing here as well. I feel it might be served better by changing my username here and asking for deletion of the account later, I guess [and much less work than removing posts]. Would you be OK with that?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, I the goal would just be, in case I find another online community to discuss RPGs with, to avoid my username pointing here as well. I feel it might be served better by changing my username here and asking for deletion of the account later, I guess [and much less work than removing posts]. Would you be OK with that?

Oh, this is about your needs and comfort, not mine.

Changing your username is easy. You can initiate it at any time, and it drops into a queue for us to approve as a formality.

Remove ads