[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

Gomez

First Post
The room is completely obscured by gas. David looks puzzled. "Don't have a clue. How could some video produce so much heat? It's nothing but some chanting and some strange graphics."

Through the billowing white gas, Katrina sees a faint red light it begins to grow and the red sphere suddenly appears up against the safety glass. Even through the glass you can both feel the heat of the thing. The glass next to the sphere begins to distort. The sphere itself is only about the size of a quarter.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

Katrina jumps when the red sphere suddenly appears up against the safety glass. "Feel that? It looks like it is melting the glass. How safe are we in here? Should we evacuate the lab?"

Gomez

First Post
David stares at the red sphere in shock! "Oh my God...." he mumbles.

The 2 inch thick safety glass begins to buckle. Suddenly several loud pops are heard as foot long cracks begins to radiate from the glass around the sphere.

"It's breaking the glass!" yells David as he turns to Katrina. "Get out of here!"

G

Guest 11456

Is turning to run even before David tells her to. She had the lab door open and turns to make sure he is following. "You don't have to tell me twice. Once is more then enough."

Gomez

First Post
David picks up a telephone and dials. He looks at Katrina at the door. "I have alert the emerency team. Run and get the heck out of here. I don't want you involved in this."

The sphere pushes through the glass like butter and floats into the middle of the control room. It's heat hits Katrina like a wall. David yells out in pain as his lab coat catches on fire.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina hesitates for a moment, but nods at David's words and runs away from the lab. She goes in search of Barbara. She focuses on her task, trying to block out anything else. Delta Green must be informed of these findings. Perhaps someone else knows what the heck that red sphere is and how it appeared out of thin air.

Gomez

First Post
OOC: Oops, I misplaced Barbara didn't I! :uhoh: Ok, lets say that Barbara handed you over to David to look over the files while she went to talk to someone in the building. She said that she would meet you back at the car when you were done. You have her cell phone number in case you needed to talk to her.

Gomez

First Post
Running out of the lab, fire alarms start sounding through out the building. Over a loud speaker you hear. "Code Red! Computer Lab 5! Code Red! Computer Lab 5!"

G

Guest 11456

Katrina moves as quickly as she can toward the car. As she goes she pulls out her cell phone (I presume I have one) and calls Barbara. When Barbara answers, Katrina begins speaking over the nearby noise. "Barbara!? This is Ka... This is Janet. We need to... perhaps go to the opera? I'll meet you at the car." Katrina ends the call and continues heading to the car. She mentally says her new name over and over. 'Janet Franks ... Janet Franks ... Janet Franks ...'

Gomez

First Post
Barbara says "I will meet you at the car!"

Katrina runs through the building and outside. She sees several people running towards the lab but no one stops her. Once outside she finds Barbara in the car with it running. "Get in!" she says and she drives out of the complex. "What happened?"

Remove ads