[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Maerdwyn

First Post
Brown drives another half mile before he answers. "No. That guy wouldn't have sent me flowers." He's at least half-serious. "Our 'friend' stayed cryptic - no matter what we learned, what we found. Kept sending little notes, urging us on. Doesn't seem to go with the big, steel door we got slammed in our faces earlier today. I don't know...."

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: BTW, Gomez: do you want us to develop an actual report, or to post something to effect of "Solomon and Andrews work on the report all night and its ready for presentation in the morining."

Gomez

First Post
OOC: I don't want a actual report. The "Solomon and Andrews work on the report all night and its ready for presentation in the morining." works for me. Though I would like to know if you are going to leave anything out of the report.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- The report will be pretty much complete. Communications with 'friend' will be possible omissions, I want to go over them again. A definate omission or retelling will be the details of what happenned between the time when Gutierrez tackled Andrews, and when the team arrived. "Bioligical parasite", or other such descriptors may be used, if at all.)

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- I'm guessing that we can do all of this back at the motel. The extradepartmental files should be boxed up to be cross referenced, and we can basically write the body of the file from the motel. It shouldn't take more than an hour to print and reorganize, so we can arrive at the Bureau at about 10:30. I think 3 or 4 pizzas should get us through he night. We can check out and put our bags in the car before we head back downtown. Andrews will call for plane tickets. Sure, I'm being presumptuous, but he's ready to leave Phoenix behind. Your thoughts, Maerdwyn?)

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: That sounds good. I'm for leaving out reference to the 'friend' beyond the original email we had traced. (I don't think we brought anything else to official attention - maybe the envelope slipped under the motel door, but I didn't think so.). I assume we will outline the general succession of killers from WV to San Carlos. Solomon will go with Andrews on what he wants to tell about the slug itself.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- Let's call it more of a skin discoloration, and an eventual post-mortem discharge from the throat. They DO have what's left of it in a bag.)

Gomez

First Post
Andrews and Brown work on the report and several pizzas through out the night. Andrews has booked two plane tickets back to DC for the next day around 4 in the afternoon.

The following day, Andrews and Brown pack up their stuff and drive back into Phoenix, drop off the report with Hobbson. They grab lunch then head out to the airport. After checking in at the American Airlines ticket office and with some time to burn before their flight leaves, Richard and Solomon stop off at a brew pub inside the airport for a couple of drinks. Sitting at the bar, a television with CNN on it shows a report on the Highway 70 Killer. The volume is off so you cannot hear what they are saying about it. But you don't need to know. You both read the 'official' report yesterday.
A woman sits down next to Solomon and orders a drink. She is a pretty thirty-ish dark skinned African-American woman wearing trendy, expensive clothes, John Lennon-style shades, and long dread-locks. She looks like an executive from a record company. She pulls out a cigarette case and takes out a long thin dark brown cigarette. "Got a light?" she says to Solomon.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Sure," he answers with a cordial smile. On another day, he'd be more focusd on flirting, but today his wounded shoulder is stiff, and he's dreading the long flight ahead of them, even if it will get him out of here and back to the less alien East Coast. His mind shrinks back from the unintentional play on words in his thoughts. He contents himself with a quick appreciation of her atracive features before producing his lighter in a fluid motion and helping the lady out with a light.

Remove ads