Demons/daemons/devils, New/Converted

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Just posting a completely gratuitous bump, in the hope that it'll attract more attention to this great thread.

Incidentally, I will soon be running an utterly insane epic-level one shot. And this thread is providing me with a lot of material to work with. Thank you.

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Wow. This bump is even more gratuitious than the last. Are the rest of the netherfiends in production? Has this thread been forgotten?

Demiurge out.

Pants

First Post
Sorry for the lapse, but I've been moving ALL of the critters I've done to a website. That'll make it easier for everyone to print out specific monsters without having to wade through countless posts in these huge threads and without having to format the .doc files to make printing easier.
As of now, all of the 'loths and the demons have been uploaded with a few devils. The main page has yet to be created yet, though I'll have some downtime this week so hopefully I'll get that done.

I've also taken some time off of converting for real-life stuff and an epic conversion of the baernoloths that I've been meddling with on the side has been giving me hell. Damn those Baern, they toy with me even in real life!

Once I get back to converting, you all will be the first to know. I'll also probably make a new thread as this one is quite large.

But as always, thank you for the appreciation and the compliments. I wouldn't be doing this if people didn't enjoy and want to utilize my conversions and creations.

You guys rock (you especially demi, keep up your own excellent work). :)

Pants

First Post
BOZ said:
that's a lotta work - good deal. :)
Indeed and thank you. :)

Note, I've updated the list.
Have fun, the rest of those damned (literally) Netherfiends are coming along. As there are only 2 left, that shouldn't take TOO long. ;)

zeo_evil

First Post
Decided to post this to say thanks for the yugoloths. The Master Arcanaloth of the Tower Arcane in stat block format with spells active for use against my good-aligned party. Subtract the bonuses to AC and saves if your party isn't good-aligned or contains neutral or evil characters. Funny how I did the same thing and made my arcanaloths wizards too. Made more sense. Thoughts and comments appreciated. Thanks again.

Spells Active: Displacement, false life, fox’s cunning, globe of invulnerability, greater ironguard, heroism, mage armor, maximized spell turning, mind blank, protection from arrows, protection from good, resist energy, shield, stoneskin, superior resistance.

Master Arcanaloth: CR 23; Medium outsider (evil); HD 24d8+15; hp 123; Init +7; Spd 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (poor); AC 38, touch 15, flat-footed 35; Base Atk +24; Grp +26; Atk +26 melee (1d4 plus poison, claw); Full Atk +26 melee (1d4 plus poison, 2 claws) and +21 melee (1d6, bite); Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA poison, spell-like abilities; SQ DR 10/adamantine, DR 10/magic against ranged weapons, DR 15/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to acid, mind-affecting spells, and poison, low-light vision, resistance to cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10, and sonic 30, SR 36, telepathy 100 ft.; AL NE; SV Fort +22, Ref +25, Will +26; Str 11, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 27, Wis 18, Cha 17.
Skills and Feats: Bluff +32, Concentration +29, Diplomacy +36, Gather Information +32, Intimidate +34, Knowledge (arcana) +37, Knowledge (the planes) +35, Listen +33, Profession (scribe) +33, Search +34, Sense Motive +33, Spellcraft +39, Spot +33; Combat Casting, Empower Spell, Greater Spell Focus (abjuration), Improved Initiative, Improved Spell Capacity (10th), Improved Spell Capacity (11th), Iron Will, Maximize Spell, Spell Focus (abjuration).

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude save 22, initial damage 1 Str damage, secondary damage 1 Str damage. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will-darkness, fly, heat metal (DC 15), invisibility, magic missile, shapechange, telekinesis (DC 19), warp wood (DC 16); 1/day-fear (DC 18), major image (DC 17). Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Yugoloth: Once per day an arcanaloth can summon another arcanaloth with a 40% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.

Wizard Spells Pepared (4/6/6/5/5/5/5/4/4/4/1/1; save DC 18 + spell level, Abjuration DC 20 + spell level):
0-arcane mark, detect magic, detect poison, read magic;
1st-alarm, hold portal, mage armor, protection from good, shield, shocking grasp;
2nd-arcane lock, false life, fox’s cunning, protection from arrows, resist energy, scorching ray;
3rd-displacement, empowered shocking grasp, heroism, fireball, lightning bolt;
4th-dimensional anchor, empowered scorching ray, explosive cascade, Otiluke’s resilient sphere, stoneskin;
5th-cloudkill, cone of cold, dismissal, empowered fireball, superior resistance;
6th-acid storm, disintegrate, empowered explosive cascade, globe of invulnerability, repulsion;
7th-banishment, delayed blast fireball, greater ironguard, greater scrying, spell turning;
8th-maximized cone of cold, mind blank, power word stun, prismatic wall;
9th-imprisonment, maximized disintegrate, power word kill, prismatic sphere;
10th-maximized spell turning;
11th-maximized polar ray.
Caster level 24th.

Last edited:

Pants

First Post
zeo_evil said:
Funny how I did the same thing and made my arcanaloths wizards too. Made more sense.
I was perplexed why Arcanaloths got Sorcerer spellcasting in the MMII. Never did seem right...

Thoughts and comments appreciated. Thanks again.
Nice work.
I've always had the urge to stat up an Arcanaloth/Archmage 5 sample character just for fun and just to see how horribly powerful I could make it...

Note: All of my critters should be uploaded by now (links on the post above). Now I just need to get around and finish the ones that I'm backlogged on... :eek:

zeo_evil

First Post
Wow. Where have I been?

There comes a time in most campaigns...

I know I already posted this awhile ago but them players had me rethinking my strategy. So now I reworked the Master Arcanaloth with elite scores. Encounter and stat block as they will face them after they tip him off they are coming by trying to scry him. Spell list is deliberatly vague. Hoping you guys can come up with a cool contigiency I could use besides the same old teleport.

Tower of the Arcanaloths: Nightal 15th, 1373

Impeded Magic: To cast a conjuration (teleportation) or good spell, the caster must make a Spellcraft check (DC 20 + the level of the spell). If the check fails, the spell does not function but is still lost as a prepared spell or spell slot. If the check succeeds, the spell functions normally. Yugoloths are immune to this effect.

Strongly Evil-Aligned: On planes that are strongly aligned, a -2 circumstance penalty applies on all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks made by all creatures not of the plane’s alignment.

Sanctum (EL 23)
“This arcanaloth, a robed humanoid with the head of a bloodthirsty jackal with elongated canines and angry clenched fists with poisonous claw, stands in a blood-soaked rusty metal room holding a twisting darkwood quarterstaff with a steel sphere at the end of it. The sphere has three glowing green gems on it and a spinning gold ring around it. There is a small prismatic effect in the center of the room from the ceiling to the floor.”

Tactics: Displacement, improved blink, maximized whirlwind of teeth (DC 26), maximized streamers (+28 touch), maximized acid storm (DC 25), maximized disintegrate (DC 25), disintegrate (DC 25), maximized cone of cold (DC 24), prismatic sphere (DC 29).

Spells Active: Arcane sight, bear’s endurance, comprehend languages, detect magic, expeditious retreat, false life, fly, foresight, fox’s cunning, globe of invulnerability, greater heroism, greater ironguard, greater mage armor, greater magic fang, improved blindsight, mind blank, protection from good, read magic, resist energy (cold), resist energy (electricity), resist energy (fire), resonating resistance, see invisibility, shield, spell turning (8 levels), stoneskin, superior resistance.

Treasure: Eternal staff of travel.

Master Arcanaloth: CR 23; HD 24d8+161; hp 269; Init +9; Spd 60 ft., fly 60 ft. (good); AC 44, touch 19, flat-footed 44; Base Atk +24; Grp +23; Atk +28 melee (1d4 plus poison, claw) or +33 ranged touch; Full Atk +28 melee (1d4 plus poison, 2 claws), and +19 melee (1d6, bite) or +33 ranged touch; Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA poison, spell-like abilities, summon yugoloth; SQ blindsight 60 ft., DR 10/adamantine (150 points), DR 15/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to acid, fear, mind-affecting spells, and poison, low-light vision, resistance to cold 30, electricity 30, and fire 30, SR 36 (x2), telepathy 100 ft.; AL NE; SV Fort +29, Ref +31, Will +29; Str 8, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 29, Wis 20, Cha 16.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +34, Concentration +34, Diplomacy +38, Gather Information +34, Intimidate +36, Knowledge (arcana) +40, Knowledge (history) +40, Knowledge (religion) +40, Knowledge (the planes) +40, Listen +36, Profession (scribe) +36, Search +40, Sense Motive +36, Spellcraft +42, Spot +36; Combat Casting, Empower Spell, Epic Toughness, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Spell Capacity (10th), Improved Toughness, Maximize Spell, Spell Focus (abjuration).

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude save 25, initial damage 1 Str damage, secondary damage 1 Str damage.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will-darkness, fly, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), heat metal (DC 14), invisibility, magic missile, shapechange, telekinesis (DC 18), warp wood (DC 15); 1/day-fear (DC 17), major image (DC 16). Caster level 12th.

Summon Yugoloth: Once per day an arcanaloth can summon another arcanaloth with a 40% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.

Wizard Spells Prepared (4/6/6/6/5/5/5/5/4/4/1; save DC 19 + spell level, Abjuration DC 20 + spell level):
3rd-displacement, empowered shocking grasp, greater mage armor;
4th-damning darkness, dimensional anchor, empowered scorching ray, stoneskin;
5th-cloudkill, dismissal, improved blink, resonating resistance;
6th-disintegrate, empowered explosive cascade, repulsion, greater heroism;
7th-banishment, delayed blast fireball, greater ironguard, spell turning;
8th-maximized cone of cold, maximized streamers, mind blank, prismatic wall;
9th-foresight, maximized acid storm, maximized disintegrate, prismatic sphere;
10th-maximized whirlwind of teeth.
Caster level 20th.

Permanency (Sp): The Master Arcanaloth has made the following spells permanent: Arcane sight, comprehend languages, detect magic, greater magic fang, improved blindsight, read magic, see invisibility, and superior resistance.

The Master Arcanaloth has a powerful magic item created by a cabal of arcanaloth craftsmen he leads. It is an eternal staff built off the idea of the eternal wand from Eberron. It works like an eternal wand but uses staff game mechanics. Check out Eberron for details.

Eternal Staff of Travel: It allows the use of the following spells twice per day:
- Avoid planar effects
- Gate (planar travel only)
- Plane shift
Stong varied; CL 17th; Craft Staff, Craft Wondrous Item, avoid planar effects, gate, plane shift. Price 145,160 gp.

House Rule: The metal fork for plane shift is a masterwork musical instrument that costs 100 gp. Adds 5,000 gp to the above magic item cost. Also 300 for the gems. If somebody wants the math I would be happy to post it!

Oh why not.

9th: 720 x 9 (spell level) x 17 (caster level) = 110,160 gp

5th: 720 x 5 x 9 = 32,400 x .75 = 24,300 gp

3rd: 720 x 3 x 5 = 10,800 x .50 = 5,400 gp

Material Component: 50 x 100 gp = 5,000 gp

Material Component: 3 x 100 gp = 300 gp

Total: 145,160 gp

Last edited:

KL

First Post
Demon Generator

Interesting fiends...

Anyway, I am working on a demon generator, inspired by the hordlings in Dungeon magazine.

One idea for it is that for every HD the demon has, it is allow to select an ability from one of the following categories: Defense (increased AC, SR, energy resistance,immunities, uncanny dodge, damage resistance), Special physical attacks (additional natural attacks like gore, bite, trample, pounce, rake, rend, improved grab, poison claws, bites, etc), supernatural abilities (frightful presence, breath weapon, gaze weapon), spell-like abilities (self explanatory, although lower HD demons have access to lower level spells and spells of higher level are limited to a number of uses a day, access to certain psionics may be possible), miscellaneous (enhanced senses like see invisible objects, scent, racial skill bonus, bonus feats, etc), enhanced ability scores, gain a subtype (fire, ice, water, etc).

The demon may also take a weakness, like vulnerability to some form of attack, or a penalty in one of its ability scores, in return it gets to select an ability from the above categories.

That's it for now....gotta go to work!

Remove ads