• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demons immune to psionics?

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
This discussion came up in recent gaming. I guess it is a hold over from 2ed and darksun perhaps (one of the reasons demons weren't in darksun or something). One of the group members swears demons (evil outer planers in general) are immune to telepathy and by that other psionics. anyone know where this comes from and why some think it/still cling to it?
any help is appreciated.

Davelozzi

Explorer
I'm not sure about how it was in 2e, but in 3.5 I'd say it's pretty clear that they're not immune to psionics unless it specifically says so in their descriptions. I'm not sure about all of the individual demons, but as a group, they're not immune.

Paragon said:
This discussion came up in recent gaming. I guess it is a hold over from 2ed and darksun perhaps (one of the reasons demons weren't in darksun or something). One of the group members swears demons (evil outer planers in general) are immune to telepathy and by that other psionics. anyone know where this comes from and why some think it/still cling to it?
any help is appreciated.

In 2e, demons were not immune to psionics. You coulddisintegrate one just fine :D

Second, in 2e they weren't resistant to Telepathy. However, they could easily drive a psion mad who was using Telepathy on them.

Third, this is not true in 3e. A DM could house rule it, a bad idea if demons are common villains though.

Particle_Man

Explorer
In 1st ed., major demons were not immune to psionics, but they were usually WAYYYY better at psionics than any psionic pc with the extreme misfortune to run into one (when you factor in the 1st ed., 10 rounds in one round psionic combat, your psionic pc would soon be dead or mad and the other players might not have a chance to react, or even know what happened).

Remove ads