• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

desert/low magic

godawful

First Post
hello all
starting a new campaign, will be based in the desert, and very low magic. the land will be the original source of what was known in the earlier campaign as the Great Cataclysm or some such, where the original inhabitants were highly magical and eventually destroyed themselves warring amongst themselves, and eventually laid waste to a large area of land. there will be tons of rust monsters and disenchanters (bred by the previous inhabitants) and Living spells of detect magic/anti-magic field they used to battle each other which will still be active.
i intend it to be very harsh, healing will be made possible by some extract gained from a gland of some critter they will have to chase down after learning of it from the tribes that still inhabit the area. or some herbal brew, perhaps both. anyway..
any online resource for desert settings? water consumption, dehydration effects, anything?
i know there's a new book out, but i can't really justify blowing 30 bucks at christmas right now, maybe later, so for a quich start, any help is appreciated.
thanks~

Remove ads