Deserting Paradise

doghead

thotd
I like Pervasive Watchfulness. It give the City a less downtrodden feel. And makes it seem a little more dangerous.

As for Tommy, I didn't think too much about it. I just kind of went with whatever came to mind first.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

thotd

Maerdwyn

First Post
Meg

My mom let Jim move in when I was 12, and Jesus moved in with him. The couldn't figure out why I didn't take to it. Well, it's hard to take sermons on sin, forgiveness, and eternal life from a guy who beats on your mom three or four times a week and have to listen to loud make-up sex each night. Kept begging to her to get out, but knew I was going to go one day, with or without her. Last thing she ever said to me was she'd pray for my soul. Fair enough. I didn't like her much by then, but I'm always willing to take a gift from someone as long as there really are no strings attached (Beg 3)

On the other hand, when someone wants to make a deal, I make sure of the terms. None of this "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" stuff: When I make a deal, I'm good for my side, and you'd better good be for yours. (Borrow 4). I don't steal, either(Steal 1): the way I see it, it like forcing someone to make a deal with me. And since I got to choose and take what I wanted, the other guy gets to take what he wants to settle to balance it out.

Which is why I've got to get out of here. I took something so big that I deserve anything the guy sends my way. No way to pay this back - only choice is to go so far he gives up.

Can't go yet though. There's this guy - Chen - that I screwed over a while back. He worked nights at a bodega over on Winston. I was being chased and started freaking out. I knew Chen a gun by the register, and I saw him heading out to walk home, and I asked him for his gun, so suddenly he had in his back pocket (The Universe Delivers), and I grab and fire at the a-hole chasing me. Didn't hit anything, but the a-hole start running. I give the gun back to Chen and keep running. Stupid. Leaving a guy out on the street with a gun a night with shots fired? How many people saw him with that gun when they got to window? A dozen? Police picked him up a few minutes later. He lost his job, and I know he's been on the street. I need to fix that if I can.

And I have to find Jim and pay him back. I know he killed my mom: stabbed her a few weeks ago, left her to die on the kitchen floor, and took off. Mom dead and me with eternal life. It's messed up. I have to raise some money and get her a tombstone.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
For the City, I like Law 3 (Ruled by Fear), Occult 2 (Others Like You), and Sprawl 2 (Ugly Ghettos).

For the Man, I like Act 3 (Inhuman Thing), Command 2 (Lord of Vermin), and Buy 2 (Fear Tactics).

I'm not at all sure about a character yet. It's been a heck of a busy week with me getting back into the swing for the new school.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just a quick look-through again and I think I'd say Law 2: Pervasive Watchfulness, Occult 2: Ritual Practitioners, and Sprawl 3: Abandoned Districts. I'd be happy with any of the things suggested already, though.

Character:
Don't call me John. It's Jack. And trust me, you don't know jack.

I learned long ago you don't trust nobody for nothing (Beg 2, Borrow 2). You want something you gotta take it for yourself (Steal 4). I did, and now I'm paying for it. Well, me and Meg and a couple of the boys did. We can't die. Leastways, we won't die, unless we get killed by the Man. That's why we're getting hell-outta-town. But something weird happened and I can't help but feel it got something to do with my uncle. Gimme a mirror and I can put my hand through it and bring back whatever I want, long as I know where I'm getting it from. 'Cept bad stuff happens when I do, like some Japanese horror flick with the creepy chick in white and hair down over her face stuff.

Back when I was a kid my parents died in a house fire. I had to go live with my uncle; I guess he was really my mom's uncle. He lived in one of those perfect little cul-de-sac neighborhoods where everybody spies on everybody else through the cracks in the curtains and who knows what sort of bad stuff is going on behind those curtains. He had this big mirror. Something happened there but I'm not sure what and that mirror gives me the creeps just thinkin' about it. I'm gonna break that bastard up and then find my uncle and find out what he knows. He's gotta know something; he was into some pretty freaky stuff back then and it ain't the kind of stuff you just walk away from. Get me some cash and I'll be ready to take off.

(Don't like my third piece of unfinished business. I'll try to come up with something better.)

doghead

thotd
I was thinking that if we get through a couple of episodes, we might look at an option for allowing characters to change their last Unfinished Business. I get the feeling that there might be some change in the characters over that time. Perhaps at with a cost of some sort. Or perhaps a reward.

We will see what happens.

thotd

doghead

thotd
It has gone a bit quiet of late. So I thought I would push on and create The City and The Man and see if it sparked some life back into the game.

The City.

There seemed to be a fair degree of similarity between the preferences for the city, and the difference between the tags seems to be largely one of conception or execution. The Ritual Practitioners are in a way Others Like You, and perhaps responsible for the TTGBITN. Element of each overlap nicely.

Law: Ruled by Fear, Pervasive Watchfulness.
Occult: TTGBITN, Other Like You, Ritual Practitioners.
Spawl: Abandoned Districts, Ugly Ghettos.

So I have created a City out of a combination of the above, but I am not going to tell you which ones. Which means that you should have a fairly good idea about The City, but not the complete picture.

The Man.

I have also created The Man. About The Man you know a lot less. Your characters are new to the game, and yet to fully understand how it all works. But they are not clueless, or they couldn't have done what they did. So I thought that I would allow each of you to ask one Yes or No question about The Man.

thotd

Remove ads