Designers & Dragons updates, the histories from DMSGuild are headed to a book!

darjr

I crit!
Shannon Appelcline posts an update on various projects. The dndclassics histories is what I'm most looking forward too.

Since April 2020 I've been spending about 20 hours/week on creative projects, mostly roleplaying history. I've got three big projects in process: This is Free Trader Beowulf; Designers & Dragons Origins; and Designers & Dragons Lost Histories.
Here's how they're going ...

THIS IS FREE TRADER BEOWULF (95%).​

I submitted my Traveller history to Mongoose last month. This month I got the initial edits back and am checking over them and making a few last tweaks while I have control of the manuscript.

DESIGNERS & DRAGONS ORIGINS (85%).​

Many years ago I wrote hundreds of product histories for DnDClassics covering most of TSR's products from the 70s to somewhere into the 90s. I'm consolidating my OD&D, AD&D 1e, and BD&D material into a set of four books.
I finished second drafts of this four-book series last month and this month am working through all comments to date. I hope to have more comments next month and then to close up the draft content by the end of the year. After which, there's editing.

DESIGNERS & DRAGONS: THE LOST HISTORIES (60%).​

I've been writing new company histories from the 70s through the 10s. I have 300k words so far, and am planning for 3 books totalling 360k+ words. This month my history is on Ral Partha, my third minis history in the new books.

1700862710316.png

Last edited:

Remove ads