• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Desktop Screen Help: Background Shows Multiples of the Same

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I recently built a second family computer from some solid left over hardware from a socket 939 system. I also utilized a Samsung 17" CRT that is 6+ years old and still chugging along. The system is rock solid.

The only issue is that when we go to use backgrounds (the kind you can download from the internet and apply to your desktop background) other than what MS offers we find mulple pictures of the same thing. Instead of one complete picture we'll have columns of the same picture.

Is there a way to fix this and if so what must I do?

Thanks.

Thanee

First Post
You could also just select a picture that has the same size as your screen resolution, since stretched often does not look nice.

To change the desktop background:

Right Click somewhere on the desktop and choose Properties.
Go to the Desktop tab in the small window that opens up.
There you can Browse (button on the right) for any picture on your computer to use as background wallpaper (or choose one from the list on the left).
You can also change the way it is shown (centered, tiled, stretched) in the dropdown dialogue below the Browse button on the right side.

Under the Settings tab in the same window you can see your screen resolution.

Bye
Thanee

Welverin

First Post
I shall offer a third option, Centering it, after all there's no reason your wallpaper has to cover the entire screen.

Of course this all assumes that's the actual problem.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads