D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
All good questions! :)

0) Molpe could do a very very good job, but she might also be the morale officer, or the party spokesperson, or the quartermaster (quartermaster may seem weird, but it makes sense to have the most sharing, fair, and generous person have that job :) ). The advantage to having Melody be the Helmsman is that Melody has less magic to lose than Molpe, and can then simply act as a Rogue when her magic is drained :)

1) That depends on how far the places are. Typically, it takes a short number of weeks, assuming a few stops at detours along the way for restocking and a relaxing day of shore-leave.

2) Most ships have at least a few nice accommodations, but not enough for everyone, and they aren't plush and wonderful like Glamour's bed--more like the captain's cabin where she slept on her way to Eldiz. Some ships have extreme luxury, but those wouldn't be the kind of ships Molpe could afford until much later :)

3) It was supposed to take 3 weeks, but the captain saved some time by cutting down the stops to just enough time to resupply and let Molpe symbiosise, so they made it in more like two-and-a-half weeks.

4) No, but she got to make three stops where she could symbiosise.

5) Yes, Molpe probably had to eat some food, although not much.

6) The food was outstanding, but that's because Tifalia had previously counted the stops on the route that would have a place for Molpe to symbiosise and figured out that she would need some food, so she packed ambrosial Amaranthian delicacies for Molpe to discover while aboard.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
What about the music video that Chris was trapped in at the grocery store?

Damn... There was more I was going to ask you if you got but I've forgotten them now...

And I thought you said that you didn't watch channels that would show Pamela Anderson's show. :lol: (Fox has her new one. ;) Though luckily I've never watched it. )
That music video I had no clue, so I asked a bunch of other people and nobody could figure it out :D It was obviously from an old music video though ;)

As for FOX, well, ordinarily I just won't watch FOX, and I see them on Adult Swim instead, but since I'm at home, and my family all watches the new Family Guy together every week at 9:00 I make an exception :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm not going to chime in on the whole Charisma thing.

Well, I guess I did earlier with the "Really?!?" but I actually thought you were being ironic.

As for Barb-Wire, as a early comic reader, I enjoyed the attempt. I would like to see what they could do today with the current superhero movie buzz.

As for DT, that's for the next post . . .

Keia

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil Only[sblock]Just a question or two. First, I know that Zykovian thought the guard was going too far when he applied the collar without checking with Zykovian or getting Zykovian's permission, but was it really? I looking at this as an emotional vs. logical situation and how he would look at it when he 'cooled down'

Second, does he know Eloquence well enough to ask her about how to have the collar removed. I mean, Zykovian is law abiding as a matter of circumstance and profession, not mentality. Since he feels that the collar is wrong and that Lyveria is an individual, he would be within his moral compass to get it removed.[/sblock]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Thanee said:
So you have issues with Molpe not being the most physically impressive being in the whole universe?

I think my posts have pretty much already covered this... No I have no issues with her not being the “end all be all of physical attraction” but I do have issue with the number of people that have been listed as being more physical attractive…

Molpe’s been, statistically speaking, “outclassed” on Eldiz far more than she would have been on Amaranthia… So yes I do have, well I wouldn't say issues but I do have reservations about the number of times perfect physical beauties have been encountered and haven’t been nymphs.

There really isn't much more I could say on this without discussing spoilers.

Thanee said:
I don't think Nymphs engage in beauty contests. That doesn't fit my image of a Nymph at least.

And where have you seen this happen? Don't assign my character emotions based upon OOC chatter. Thanks. :)

Thanee said:
Beauty is not a value you can measure as easily as strength (for example). :)

I would agree.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia:
[SBLOCK]
First question: Purely logically, the guard probably wasn't going to far because he believed that Zykovian didn't know how to use it correctly, and Zykovian had agreed it (accepted the item), so the guard was just making it work for him. Emotionally, I would say that Zykovian is well within his right to be angry, as emotion makes it easy to cloud cold logic and see things from a slanted persepective instead of looking at the other person's point of view. So I say that you are doing a good job of portraying this, and his reaction in the heat of the moment :)

As for Eloquence--Eloquence has eyes and ears everywhere in the city, and thus has business relationships with quite a few people, but Zykovian has sometimes thought that he and Eloquence might have a bit of a closer friendly relationship, as evidenced by the early scene with Eloquence. As for knowing Eloquence well--nobody really knows the somewhat-mysterious Eloquence that well, but Zykovian doesn't know anyone else who knows Eloquence better, except perhaps Amity.

Hope I've been helpful!
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
I do have reservations about the number of times perfect physical beauties have been encountered and haven’t been nymphs.
I really don't think it makes sense to count shapeshifters or others whose shapes can be determined or moulded ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
0) The advantage to having Melody be the Helmsman is that Melody has less magic to lose than Molpe, and can then simply act as a Rogue when her magic is drained :)

So you lose all your magic even if you’re a dual spell caster?

Rystil Arden said:
1) That depends on how far the places are. Typically, it takes a short number of weeks, assuming a few stops at detours along the way for restocking and a relaxing day of shore-leave.

Okay. :)

Rystil Arden said:
2) Most ships have at least a few nice accommodations, but not enough for everyone, and they aren't plush and wonderful like Glamour's bed--more like the captain's cabin where she slept on her way to Eldiz.

If I remember right Molpe saw where the captain was sleeping... and it was with the typical sailors correct?

I'm also assuming that the crew quarters are pretty much a tight fit, we sleep three high (bottom, middle, top racks) in the US navy. Is that how these ships are constructed?

Rystil Arden said:
Some ships have extreme luxury, but those wouldn't be the kind of ships Molpe could afford until much later :)

She needed be able to afford one, just get stationed on one... but I think your telling me there is no chance of this correct?

Rystil Arden said:
3) It was supposed to take 3 weeks, but the captain saved some time by cutting down the stops to just enough time to resupply and let Molpe symbiosise, so they made it in more like two-and-a-half weeks.

Okay. :)

Rystil Arden said:
4) No, but she got to make three stops where she could symbiosise.

Do any of these "extreme luxury ships" have pools for her to do so?

Rystil Arden said:
5) Yes, Molpe probably had to eat some food, although not much.

Okay... See below.

Rystil Arden said:
6) The food was outstanding, but that's because Tifalia had previously counted the stops on the route that would have a place for Molpe to symbiosise and figured out that she would need some food, so she packed ambrosial Amaranthian delicacies for Molpe to discover while aboard.

That was really sweet of her. :D Next question: would the Amaranthian delicacies cause Molpe to produce waste? (Sorry :eek: I'm trying to work on Molpe's frame of mind for exploring... It seems like its destined to be a hardship for her.)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
I really don't think it makes sense to count shapeshifters or others whose shapes can be determined or moulded ;)

I do, I think beauty in its perfect form is natural, which is embroidered in the nymph, and that shapeshifters being individuals makes them as flawed as any normal person and therefore cannot mimic a perfect physical form.

Remove ads