D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Huh? I don't think one can even roll a one on a knowledge check and come up with the above… :lol:

Anyhow, she’s a rather famous playboy playmate that jumped from centerfold to TV and Movies. (Probably most known for Baywatch…)

Here IMDB Profile: (There is no nudity)

Anyhow I brought her up cause most people wouldn’t recognize her from her original playboy centerfold… She’s had a lot of cosmetic surgery done and has probably made a ton of alot more money cause her physical beauty has gone up at the cost of her natural beauty.

(I have no idea if that will make sense to anyone with the except of RA…)
What you don't realise is that I don't know anything about singers (at least post 1900 singers) or television actors or actresses except for those in a select few movies. I just don't care about them, and there's no point in learning them for Quizbowl when everyone else knows them already so someone else can get that question. You can name a list of twenty actors and actresses that you think everybody knows, and I might know five (or more if you picked them all from movies that I happened to know the actors). Its just like sports players...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
I just don't care about them, and there's no point in learning them for Quizbowl when everyone else knows them already so someone else can get that question.

RA its not about caring about them/her its about being able to run through life with blinders on to the point you can avoid them...

It’s an impressive feat... Anyhow. Sorry I made you mad. :(

Thanee

First Post
But using magic to change her appearance is like plastic surgery. :p

Nymphs are the embodiment of natural beauty. Changing that in any direction is going away from the ideal.

Going towards some 'hypothetic perfect appearance' is also more human thinking. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
RA its not about caring about them/her its about being able to run through life with blinders on to the point you can avoid them...

Nah, I'm not mad--I just felt that after seeing
Huh? I don't think one can even roll a one on a knowledge check and come up with the above…
that I obviously needed to explain myself. She sounds like the kind of 'actress' , with a strong emphasis on those quotes, that I would never have watched her movies. Actually, come to think of it, was she a head on Futurama? I seem to remember there was a head that wanted to be taken as a serious actress now that its body was gone, in the episode where Fry gets money. Then again, maybe that was the Asian actress that gets cloned, but I don't think so.

Edit: By the way, no blinders are needed--I don't watch much TV, and I probably never watch whatever channel played/plays her shows ;)

Bront

The man with the probe

I'm almost the same way actualy, so it's not as unique as you might think.

However, I'm a bit older, so it's a bit harder for me to not know who she is.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Nah, I'm not mad--I just felt that after seeing that I obviously needed to explain myself. She sounds like the kind of 'actress' , with a strong emphasis on those quotes, that I would never have watched her movies. Actually, come to think of it, was she a head on Futurama?

Not sure… She would be the type of actress that would get joked about on the Simpson, Futurama, Family Guy, etc.

Rystil Arden said:
Edit: By the way, no blinders are needed--I don't watch much TV, and I probably never watch whatever channel played/plays her shows ;)

I guess you've never watched Fox huh? ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'm almost the same way actualy, so it's not as unique as you might think.

However, I'm a bit older, so it's a bit harder for me to not know who she is.
Oh, she's from older stuff by just a bit? That'd do it even more then :D

Really though, if they weren't in a Shakespeare film, maybe LotR or something, or a character that really stands out in the comedy films to which I will occassionally let myself be dragged (Jim Carrey comes to mind), then I don't know who they are. If they were only on TV, then I absolutely don't know them, period (unless I know them from a Family Guy / Futurama reference, which is not the same). When you don't care, its pretty easy to just watch a movie with that person and then not ask yourself who it was. I only know a bunch of Shakespeare films because I had to comment on the actors specifically in my "Shakespeare and Film" class, but we would get to the point where I would say something like, "Wow, I could swear that Ophelia was that girl from 'Ten Things I Hate About You' and 'O' ." And someone would say, "Umm...yeah, it is. Its Julia Stiles." And then I'd say, "Oh, well she was awful. And that guy from Gattaca who played Hamlet didn't do such a good job either." "Oh, you mean Ethan Hawke?" "Yes, I guess so."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Right, which is why I was rather annoyed to find out about the physical beauty of an individual or two. :\
I would say that the stat raises every four levels and the Nymph Class racial stat bonuses are both all-natural ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
I used to be about that bad, but I started to learn names, mostly so I could actualy talk to others about movies, as well as occasionaly look for an actor I liked.

It's actualy pretty hard to miss Pam Anderson though, you almost have to try. (Especialy because she has been on Futurama, and referenced on Family Guy, more than once) Given you're under 21 (I think you mentioned that somewhere) I guess I can give you a break though.

Remove ads