• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears OOC Thread- Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanee

First Post
Right, witch, didn't really look at the Rowaini suitable classes, so I used a "synonym". :)

So she could just have the appropriate potential and train her own abilities... I think that would work rather well.

About Knowledge... what skill would represent knowledge of different humanoid species?

Usually it's local, do you use nature, or something else?
Or is it some sort of intrinsic knowledge for Dolathi?

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Right, witch, didn't really look at the Rowaini suitable classes, so I used a "synonym". :)

So she could just have the appropriate potential and train her own abilities... I think that would work rather well.

About Knowledge... what skill would represent knowledge of different humanoid species?

Usually it's local, do you use nature, or something else?
Or is it some sort of intrinsic knowledge for Dolathi?

Bye
Thanee
I would say that falls under Knowledge (The Spheres), which gives you some basic info about the Geography and Culture of the Known Spheres (DC 10 to know basic relevant facts), but the DC to get anything specific is much much higher than if you had the appropriate knowledges for that culture.

Rystil Arden

First Post
No, if you check Alyria, you'll see that she has the two separate skills, I believe. Knowledge (Spelljamming) tells you about stuff like the phlogiston and strange anomalies, whereas The Spheres covers info about the things that are in the Spheres, like people and culture and stuff

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ah, the skill allotment you chose in the RG seems like a good fit. Truth be told, you guys can't afford even the most minor Spelljamming helm, so there will probably be some sort of captain NPC to deal with who will have Profession (Spelljammer) and Knowledge (Spelljamming) ;)

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I just thought she might have picked up some knowledge from her father. :)

I'd really like to raise some of the skills higher (or even learn in the first place), but rogues get way too few skill points! :p

Bye
Thanee

Eonthar

Explorer
Sorry about that :eek: - I was having a really bad night last night (I do not want to get into the details), and some of the mediocre stats that I was rolling were just really ticking me off. It is not something that I usually do. It will not happen again.

So, if you will still have me in the campaign, I have rerolled my stats:

Name: Mojiin Preserver
ID: 77479

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=&u=Mojiin+Preserver&limit=on

Note: I noticed Thanee's suggestions on how to make the rolls just after I rolled these stats. If you would like me to roll them again, please let me know.

Thanks.

Eonthar

Rystil Arden

First Post
Eonthar said:
Sorry about that :eek: - I was having a really bad night last night (I do not want to get into the details), and some of the mediocre stats that I was rolling were just really ticking me off. It is not something that I usually do. It will not happen again.

So, if you will still have me in the campaign, I have rerolled my stats:

Name: Mojiin Preserver
ID: 77479

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=&u=Mojiin+Preserver&limit=on

Note: I noticed Thanee's suggestions on how to make the rolls just after I rolled these stats. If you would like me to roll them again, please let me know.

Thanks.

Eonthar
Hmm...I'm going to chip in with a tentative OK depending on what the players think. So players: Please e-mail me at %RystilArden%@%hotmail.com% (without the % signs, of course) with your decision about Eonthar. I think that's the fairest way to go. Also, s'il vous plait, if you could first type out the name in this thread, as per Thanee's suggestion, and then submit it to me before rolling, that would be great (and hey, you might even do better than those last stats, eh?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Yep, I just thought she might have picked up some knowledge from her father. :)

I'd really like to raise some of the skills higher (or even learn in the first place), but rogues get way too few skill points! :p

Bye
Thanee
Way too few skill points? Maybe its just because your class skill list is closer to Exemplar than Rogue :) And I understand the sentiment about the father, curse those low Rogue skill-points!

Thanee

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Way too few skill points?

Heh. Yes, even PHB Rogues have way too few skill points. Unless you have a really huge Int, you always struggle at what skills to train... well, at least I do. :D

Something else... how old do Dolathi get and when are they considered mature/adult?

Bye
Thanee

P.S. No problem from my side... and no need for an e-mail either. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads