• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears OOC Thread- Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Heh. Yes, even PHB Rogues have way too few skill points. Unless you have a really huge Int, you always struggle at what skills to train... well, at least I do. :D

Something else... how old do Dolathi get and when are they considered mature/adult?

Bye
Thanee

P.S. No problem from my side... and no need for an e-mail either. ;)
Yeah, skill decisions can be upsetting, so many good choices :\

Dolathi become mature at varying rates, mainly based on whether or not they are treated as mature. The only real restriction is that they can't control their powers until somewhere between the ages of 8 months and 2 years, and that they can never turn into Size Medium forms until they are around 20, although some take significantly longer, often based on their perception of maturity from the races around which they are growing up. The reach Middle Age at 200, Old Age at 400, Venerable at 1000, and nobody remembers the last time a Dolathi died of old age. Also notable is that their humanoid forms do not accrue physical penalties for being old, nor do they seem older unless the Dolathi chooses to do so, but mental stats still increase as usual.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hmmm...Thanee, those are ranks in parens next to each skill right? I'm having to double-check to remember the synergies because at first I had thought Diplomacy was off with 0 ranks but then remembered the two synergies. I think you forgot your ginormous +10 bonus to Disguise checks for being Dolathi though, that's something that I couldn't have missed ;)

Thanee

First Post
Right, those are the ranks. I always do this, since it's otherwise almost impossible to figure out how those numbers came to pass.

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Right, those are the ranks. I always do this, since it's otherwise almost impossible to figure out how those numbers came to pass.

Bye
Thanee
Yeah, I agree. Actually my example character has it spelled out even more anally, she has things like Spellcraft +28 [16 ranks, +10 Int, +2 Synergy from Knowledge (Arcana)]

Thanee

First Post
Yep, that works, too. :)

I'm just used to using the monster manual type stat blocks now. And there it would take up too much room to write every little tidbit down (ranks and total modifier are really the only important numbers, the rest is easy enough to figure). ;)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Yep, that works, too. :)

I'm just used to using the monster manual type stat blocks now. And there it would take up too much room to write every little tidbit down (ranks and total modifier are really the only important numbers, the rest is easy enough to figure). ;)

Bye
Thanee
Yeah, I use MM format for monsters and NPCs, but I put in all the math for PCs to help the GM out.

Thanee

First Post
I'd edit the link into the first post (also the RG link).

Did you mention how much gold we get, already? I could then maybe finalize my equipment list. :)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
I'd edit the link into the first post (also the RG link).

Did you mention how much gold we get, already? I could then maybe finalize my equipment list. :)

Bye
Thanee
Well okay, so your background is Eldiz, right? That's the simplest then. You get 5,000 GP, and you can buy any item you want that I approve (including making up items), even things made of strange rare materials like Altanian Spellcrystal and Rowaini Quicksteel, but everything costs you double, and cultural items from other spheres normally costs triple. However, I will let you choose *one* specific Rowaini item that you can pick up for only 1.5x the normal price as a memento from your mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads