• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears: Varylys (Almost at Chapter 1!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Melody]*The Dolathi nods.*

"Permission granted."

*Melody returns and begins to gather her crew.*

(OOC: Yay, we can post for everyone out of the SBLOCK now--and Chapter 1 begins imminently!)[/SBLOCK]

Thanee

First Post
Melody

A few hours later...

It took a while for Melody to gather her crew together, but finally, she had everyone onboard, everyone who was coming with her on their first mission, anyways, and she could proceed with the mission briefing, to tell them what would expect them during the next days or weeks... as far as she could tell.

Standing next to the map table, the Rowaini captain has unfolded a star map and a few charts.

“This is what we know. Here...” ...she points to one of the planets shown on the map... “...is the planet...” ...and pauses for a moment to read the name printed next to it... “...erm... anyone know how this is pronounced?”

“Well, anyways, this is what we know. A field agent of the organization behind the Convocation had been sent to this world, much like they do with many others, to observe the progress of the rather primitive occupants of said world, hoping to gain worthy allies sometimes in the future, like they did on Chuliit and Scandaj. They have lost contact with her. They have also heard that there are unusual meteoromagical phenomena in the planet's atmosphere that will tear apart a Spelljamming ship unless it lands just perfectly, over one small area of the planet, which is where she went missing. Sounds great so far? Thought so. They provided us with directions to the sphere and planet, as well as a dossier about the missing agent...” Melody says, while pointing at some of the papers deposited on the edge of the table. “Unfortunately, they know very little about where she is currently located, but they are confident that we will be able locate her. Let's try not to disappoint them, shall we? Oh yes, and we should be discreet and meet the inhabitants of this world with caution, since they might be repelled and frightened by things that are beyond their understanding. Alright, I think that about covers it. You can take a look at the dossier, if you like, to familiarize yourself with the mission parameters. Any further questions?”

OOC: Sorry, I thought you would probably write something else where we get put together again or somesuch, since I had no damn clue where everyone went to, and then didn't really check the thread again... :heh:

unleashed

First Post
Fedowin, Male Rowaini Swashbuckler

“Apart from asking whether our employers are providing provisions and other necessities for our journey, no, not until I go through the dossier at least... though by then I imagine I’ll be as well informed as you yourself are, my lovely captain,” Fedowin laughs. “I’m also pleased to report,” he says lowering his voice, as if someone might be listening, “that Bellangere and H'rrasa have escaped the sphere and are on their way to Varylys. According to my source, we only missed them leaving by three or four days... so if we’re going in that direction, we may well be able to find them and pick them up... that is if you’re still interested in them as crew or companions of course.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: What they've already provided is all they're providing for this mission, so foodstuffs etc will need to be purchased. If you save receipts, they may be willing to reimburse you for expenses at the debriefing. The charts indicate a path in the opposite direction as Varylys, although the comet is only a few days off-course)

Thanee

First Post
Melody

“I'm afraid, this will keep us from our mission for too long, and time is of the essence as it seems. If not for that, I would gladly look for them, but we are not even sure, that they can or want to join us, or that they actually still are there and havn't left already with another ship. Sorry, but I don't think this is a good idea at this point.”

unleashed

First Post

“As you say, my captain... though I would have liked to see the lovely Bellangere again, as we still haven’t properly finished our dance,” Fedowin declares with a wink and a grin. “Well, it seems we have preparations to make and provisions to buy, so let’s get those mundane tasks out of the way, and move onto the fame and fortune part shall we.”

Bront

The man with the probe
Thanee said:
“Well, anyways, this is what we know. A field agent of the organization behind the Convocation had been sent to this world, much like they do with many others, to observe the progress of the rather primitive occupants of said world, hoping to gain worthy allies sometimes in the future, like they did on Chuliit and Scandaj. They have lost contact with her. They have also heard that there are unusual meteoromagical phenomena in the planet's atmosphere that will tear apart a Spelljamming ship unless it lands just perfectly, over one small area of the planet, which is where she went missing. Sounds great so far? Thought so. They provided us with directions to the sphere and planet, as well as a dossier about the missing agent...” Melody says, while pointing at some of the papers deposited on the edge of the table. “Unfortunately, they know very little about where she is currently located, but they are confident that we will be able locate her. Let's try not to disappoint them, shall we? Oh yes, and we should be discreet and meet the inhabitants of this world with caution, since they might be repelled and frightened by things that are beyond their understanding. Alright, I think that about covers it. You can take a look at the dossier, if you like, to familiarize yourself with the mission parameters. Any further questions?”
Priya lights up when meteoromagial phenomena are mentioned, "Oh, that sounds exciting. Did they mention what kind phenomena? How long will we have to study it? "

Thanee

First Post
Melody

“I know as much as I told you, everything beyond that is pure speculation. Maybe the papers have some more information, I didn't have the time to study them yet.”

unleashed

First Post

*Just as Melody replies to Priya, Fedowin picks up the dossier and begins to read... assuming the papers are in one of the languages he understands.*

Last edited:

Remove ads