Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

Bloodweaver1

First Post
OOC: According to the description of the spell Darkness (I think), one can still see through the darkness and that it only provides a 20% miss chance. If that is the chase it would be more beneficial for the archers to be covered. However (if I am wrong), if one cannot see through the magical darkness and the miss chance only comes into play if one is standing next to their target. Then she will use the wand on the archers arrows and have them shoot into the water/Orcs. Hoping to confuse and/or miss direct their advance.

-Blood

GlassEye

Adventurer
Honestly, I totally forgot about that wand of darkness. Silas would gladly give it up and wish Caramip luck in the using of it.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
OOC2: A bit of meta-game but once the battle field is covered in Darkness, Dartis & Borak’s force can attempt to cut off the “Barricade Orc Force” from the rest of the main Orc Horde and flank them. If successful (and that is a big IF) a counter attack from the south can be attempted with the newly combined Dorinthian force. Again another big IF, but if the two Dorinthain forces can be joined either a large scale or smaller more precise counter attack can be attempted against the Horde’s leadership. ---- Just a thought though and a really big IF.

-Blood

Nephtys

First Post
I'm having some difficulties envisioning the battlefield. Would it really be possible to evacuate the civilians and bring them into the barricade? Seems to me it would be easy for the orc forces to cut us off and/or take the fleeing people in the flank. Once people start running they tend to panic, and once they panic they'll get slaughtered, mowed down without being able to fight back. In RW-history most casualties in most battles happened after one of the forces was routed.
Isn't their position where they are more defensible?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Currently the civilians are in the south of New Dorinthia and surrounded on three sides by a deep creek of water. They are cut off from the main Dorinthian military forces, but are currently able to defend themselves with a thin line of militia and archers. The defenders do not know how many orcs are coming at them, though. Dartis is trying to make a harrassing action, but his force is small.

If the civilians attempt to break out of their inlet, then yes, they would no longer be protected on all sides.

Waiting for one of the other two players to post their action before continuing...

I'm a bit unsure of that too. Given that the refugees were far enough away at the creek that the Dorinthians at the barricade in the square couldn't defend them in the first place, and so far as I understand, the main orc force is at the square, not off somewhere else, trying to move what's left of Silas' militia, or the penny packet of horse archers with Dartis, back to the square, just leaves the refugees as meat for whatever random orcs come wandering by.

Nephtys

First Post
Then, since the civilians have a stronger defensive position, it would be better to move the militia to defend the inlet. The square itself is probably hard to defend since the orcs can get into the surrounding buildings and fire upon the defenders from all directions with good cover.

Remove ads