Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

Bloodweaver1

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I should have been clearer. You have 100 militia men and 2000 old men (ages 50+), women (all ages), and children (ages 0-15) civilians. You have the following weapons:

60 spears, 20 halbers, 110 bows, countless arrows, 20 longswords, 50 short swords, and a couple hundred knives.

Your milita men have leather armor while the civilians have nothing. The militia men are ready to grab spears and halberds like you've requested. That leaves 20 more free, and they can either take the longswords, become archers, or use the short swords or knives for fighting a little closer and more personal.

How would you like to distribute your forces and weapons?
My vote:
----Squad A
20 Archers w/ Halbers & Short Swords
30 Archers w/ Spears (Melee) & Spears (Thrown)

---- Squad B
30 Archers w/ 30 Short Swords
20 Archers w/ 20 Long Swords

Pre-position all troops
Rounds 1-3:
-- Both Squads Fires 2-3 volleys (if possible) from positions
Rounds 2-3:
-- Squad A equips Halbers & Throws spears when in range
-- Squad B continues to fire
Round 3-4+:
-- Squad A holds the line (Pikemen style)
-- Squad B fills holes where needed and/or continues w/ volleys

However, your the leader Glass :p

-Blood

GlassEye

Adventurer
That sounds good, Bloodweaver. I just don't know whether that's within the capabilities of the militia and untrained peoples we have at our disposal and within the time that we have available. And Silas is just as untrained as a tactical leader. Your tactics are sound and that's basically what I'm trying to do but using everybody able to wield a weapon. We have 260 weapons available (not counting knives) and I'd like to try to take full advantage of all of them.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
GlassEye said:
That sounds good, Bloodweaver. I just don't know whether that's within the capabilities of the militia and untrained peoples we have at our disposal and within the time that we have available. And Silas is just as untrained as a tactical leader. Your tactics are sound and that's basically what I'm trying to do but using everybody able to wield a weapon. We have 260 weapons available (not counting knives) and I'd like to try to take full advantage of all of them.
Works for me.

::Shakes big bag of dice::

No whamy... No whamy...

-Blood

GlassEye

Adventurer
Leinart said:
Well this is gonna be one helluva battle. Hope silas pulls it off.

You're not the only one. :heh: I'm just hoping that this chapter doesn't become the Last Stand of Silas Eyrstan. I can just imagine his gravestone, though: 'Terrible Leader. Good Fire Starter.' :lol:

Remove ads