Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

Most excellent fun.

I just wanted to confirm something that I think is true. Nikolos had quite a store of foodstuffs and related things when he joined this merry band. Would it be true to think that most, if not all of, that stuff is used up or shared out by now? Also, did any of his legion of minions manage to stumble beyond their first level status yet?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Deuce Traveler said:
Unfortunately, Kobold Stew was gone for much of this, so Danica does not get a bonus.

KS is happy for anything, since he himself was absent for the whole start of the chapter. It was great readig, though -- thanks!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
I agree, this was a lot of fun.

2x Smokesticks
4x Tanglefoot bags
a sling and some bullets
4x potions of CLW
2x potions of Invisibility.

and perhaps a magical rapier or dagger if there's enough money left.

Unfortunately, there are not many magical items for sale, since the Dorinthians are not exactly in a position to create them. There is a hafling family that runs most of the trade business in the town, and they can sell you the smokesticks, tanglefoot bags, sling, and bullets for 10% greater than their listed prices in the PHB. Right now, everyone is going to them for self-defense reasons and the cost is actually higher, but they are willing to give the heroes somewhat of a discount.

The two potions of invisibility can be bought from Hector the Incredible, who survived the attack by hiding in a basement with his equipment. He charges the normal price in the DMG. The four potions of cure light wounds are currently unavailable since the local priests are using whatever they can get on the injured civilians. Heron Silvertongue promises to make you a couple for free at a later date, for your heroic actions.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
Most excellent fun.

I just wanted to confirm something that I think is true. Nikolos had quite a store of foodstuffs and related things when he joined this merry band. Would it be true to think that most, if not all of, that stuff is used up or shared out by now? Also, did any of his legion of minions manage to stumble beyond their first level status yet?

Your warriors are nearly first level fighters now, but not quite yet. The food stuffs may have been used, but Baron Dorin has been very particular about restocking the supplies of heroes in his small population, so let's say they've been replenished before his death. Things are a bit more chaotic now, though, and the foodstuffs are being drained without replacement from this point on.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Deuce Traveler said:
Ventus gets a 100 XP bonus, which would have been 200 XP except that he had to stop posting for awhile.

Yeah, sorry about that. My vacation was followed by illness and work and not nearly enough sleep. I should be back now.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Welcome back! I hope you feel better.

That's an interesting idea about the wall. I'm going to wait to see what Fenris has Dartis do since it will affect the future, but will then post tomorrow regardless.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey DT,
Posting slow as I get back to normal, but I'll post tonight.

Now one question is Syra or Cal older and since only one can inherit the title does it go to the oldest child or the oldest male?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It would normally go to the oldest male, which would be Cal, but Syra has been running much of the town for her father and has been in charge in all but name while you and Cal have been adventuring.

Remove ads