Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Needles quickly discovers the corpse of a giant rat further down the steam tunnels and nearer the entrance to an open chamber. It is next to a pressure plate connected to a rigged pressure valve by a crude lever mechanism. Further down, Rork finds a tripped wire connected to the same kind of contraption and cuts it while out of arm reach, causing a stream of scalding steam to hit a far wall. It looks like this area has been set up with crude traps, one of which killed the giant rat.

Peering into the next chamber, the party can see some nearby sealed barrels within a few feet of the chamber entrance. The rest of the chamber cannot be seen until an adventurer scouts closer to the chamber entrance, but from the traps and barrels you surmise a new fact.

Someone else has been hear in recent months and set up a depot. Someone who obviously didn't want the depot to be found.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. My preparations for my German trip took more effort than I thought.

Caim

First Post
Rork moves to the front of the group and looks at the stone around the area. "Give me a moment before we move forward."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rork
[sblock]
Moving forward, you see no other signs of traps. From the smell rising from the barrels you believe you have found some kind of food store, although you also sense the scent of oils. Your sharp ears pick up the sound of creatures squeaking deeper into the room.
[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
"I can hear talking." He says as he whispers to the group. Rork draws his bow and sets an arrow into place as he inches forward.

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to move closure to the origin of the talking.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The sounds stop as Rork approaches. He walks up close to the end of the row of barrels when he encounters a snarling and unsurprised mutated rat. The creature appeared to have been sniffing at some of the foodstuffs from a chewed hole in the bottom of a barrel when interrupted from its meal.

OOC: There is only one so far. Roll for init.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles had watched the others trying to be cautious and careful, yet didn't point out the obvious missteps that they seemed to do. Instead, he kept his eyes peeled and weapon ready, just in case...

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The mutated rat moves first, attacking Rork before the rest of the stunned party can think to act. It lunges forward with a loud hiss, pink tongue curled back to reveal a set of yellow, foam-filled fangs. The rat barely slices Rork's leg but he feels an unnatural burning sensation along the small scratch (-1 hp to Rork). The hissing sound seems to alert other hidden rats as other hissing and the scramble of claws is heard in other parts of this 20 foot wide by 70 foot long storage room.

Init:
Rat: 15
Rork: 14
Needles: 12
Fergus: ?
Hardnose: ?

OOC: Everyone else up. Rork needs to make a DC 11 Fortitude check.

Last edited:

Remove ads