Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Caim

First Post
"Miss Armetesia of course."

OOC: If the name is wrong blame DT. I read through some of the first posts and that was the only name I got.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After a few moments of tense discussion the story becomes clear. Rork was sent by Artemesia after his team was disbanded. Since he is still waiting for a new team to be assigned to, Artemesia suggested he back you up on your current job.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"What's the code word?" Needles asks, watching the reaction of the newcomer. His rapier moves slowly, but deliberately and in view of the newcomer. When Needles makes it known his intentions, and patiently awaiting the answer, he can't help but laugh a few yelps as he sheathes his weapon.

"Just kidding. We don't have a code word. But makes me think maybe we should. How about monkey-brains? Always was a delicacy I favored."

Needles finishes up investigating the human body, taking what he could and displaying it for the others to see.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Welcome aboard Rork. I am Fergus, this here is Hardnose and the friendly one there is Needles." says Fergus.

"Right now we aren't actually on a Rats job. But a little side job that we happened upon. But one that will makes all Rat's jobs easier. Hey Needles think we can convince Artemesia that this IS in the interest of the Rats and get paid by her too?" muses Fergus

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"She doesn't seem like the one to give in when asked. I think she's more the type that would give payment based on what she finds out. If this works out like we think it will, then she might just find a way to get some funds to us for some outrageous loophole on some ancient document about the sewers that we just manage to fit into. Hopefully we don't get taxed on our little side job here...."

Needles muses over this, wondering if there was a way to get some more funds out of this little job. Artemesia didn't seem like the kind to give in to demands of payment for work not sanctioned, but she did look like the kind that would reward a job well done. Only one way to find out though...

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The human moans as he continues to bleed to death. You do believe that Artemesia would reward the party if you were to run into anything else of interest to your organization.

Continuing on, the party heads down towards the section of the sewers suggested earlier, entering through 2F6 and reaching the beginning of Red C-7. Like nearly all red sections, this is only a level from the surface and is considered relatively safe. However, C-7 is less a section of sewage flow, and more of a section for unfinished thermal heating underneath the Slums.

The Merchant's District uses thermal heating from natural sources deep in the earth and piped through many homes. A section of the Slums was supposed to get the same treatment until funding for the project disappeared in typical bureaucratic fashion. Now these series of chambers are humid and crowded with antiquated and rusting pipes full of hot gases and liquids.

OOC: Need party order and preparations. The corridor you are using to reach Red C-7 is eight feet wide and eight feet tall, but the piping causes you to crowd into a four feet wide by four feet high space. Due to the steam, vision is halved. Infravision is near useless do to the steam and hot pipes. Darkvision still functions.

ghostcat

First Post
Hardnose stabilises the human but provides no additional healing. Leaving the body where it is, he continues into the sewers.

"Are you going first as usual Needles? I'll back you up as usual." So saying Hardnose draws his sword and waits for Neddles to lead on.

Caim

First Post
"I'll take the rear and use me scouting ability to make sure no one comes from behind us." Rork draws his bow and gets an arrow ready before the group moves down the tunnel.

Remove ads