• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus one-shot)

bedford

First Post
I will be playing a natural werebear barbarian. I have some questions on lycanthropes in this world. does magical armor scale up with the sizechange from werebear or du i have to use something special to be able to use the same armor in all forms? and how accepted would a werebear be in a world like this? I plan on specializing in grappling and natural weapons and doing most my playing in hybrid form. what la should i use? i have read both 2 and 3 for a natural lycanthrope. 3 seems kinda high considering that i am stuck with 6 levels of animal hitdice instead of classlevels..

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As armor typically doesn't change size and shape with the user unless through a spell, I would suggest using magic items that do changes size (such as bracers, rings, or amulets) or have armor that is fitted particularly for hybrid form. Known monsters are usually thought to be evil and are either common and somewhat accepted and therefore often working for the criminal underground, stay hidden while they operate, or are known members of the Monastary of Redemption (where evil creatures are converted to a neutral or good alignment). If you want to go with the Monastary of Redemption, I can make them a contact for you and your character can walk around entirely in hybrid form along with limiting the concerns of wearing armor. Wereboars are usually neutral creatures and not in need of redemption, but people in Ptolus would probably feel more comfortable if you were a known member or associate of the Monastary.

The big differences in the LA +2 Ptolus version of a lycanthrope and the LA +3 MM version is that the LA +2 version gets an upgrade to Movement (+10 ft a second in hybrid form) and DR (goes from 10/silver to 15/silver), but they lose all their feats (but gain Improved Initiative and Blind-Fight), only gain one additional hit die for being a were-creature (1d8 + hit points from class), and lose their low-light ability. Let me know which version you would prefer.

Ilium

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Now if I make one of Illium's character contacts a member of the Inverted Pyramid and Ilium's character a member of Team B, I already have a point of possible friction between the two groups that I can warp into the tale.
Sounds good to me. I'll read up on the Inverted Pyramid and work it into the character writeup

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OnlytheStong: Good job on character generation, but go back and check on your math one more time. I think you neglected to add 1 ability score due to levelling up (you get two from going from 1st to 10th level, not 1). Also, I believe the Monk's Belt will allow your character to do 11 Stunning Fists a day, not 10. That belt is a nice piece of equipment, by the by. What color will your dialogue be? I'm placing you in Group A.

Ilium: Ok, we can either have your character cough up 2k gold for yearly membership or we can just say you have a contact on the inside that let's you use his workshop.

Wysiwyg: Sure, jump on in. I currently have only three nearly finished characters posted at this point.

Farmboy: I still have to go over Monty. I'm just procrastinating because of the sheer amount of books involved. :eek:

Dekana

Explorer
Deuce said:
Dekana: Can you look over Kaseo's sheet again? I think you picked 75 skill points out when I think he only gets 52, but my own math may be wrong.

Let's see...

14 int, +2
Human racial bonus: 4 extra skill points at first level, 1 at each additional level
FIghter: (2+int mod)x4 at first level, 2+int mod at each additional level
1: (2+2)x4 + 4 = 20
2...10: 2+2+1 = 5 (x9 levels) = 45
20+45 = 65

13 ranks in 4 skills, 8 ranks in one skill, 5 ranks in one skill = 65

Looks alright to me, unless I'm forgetting something.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Deuce, your right. Thanks for catching it. Since we have a house rented, can I hang onto the gold I haven't used? It's around 3,000gp. I was thinking that whatever I didn't use could go into a "bank" and possibly be used by the group if we forgot to buy something or needed something else.

Ilium

First Post
Deuce: I think my character (named Kantris, by the way) will be an actual member. At 10th level, I think we should have some established reputations/connections. I'll deduct 2000 from my starting money.

I've rolled stats. They are nothing spectacular. Here are the Invisible Castle links:

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=1367197
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=1367199
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=1367201

The first set is the best. I may swap Str with Wis, though:

STR 12
DEX 14
CON 11
INT 15
WIS 10
CHA 9

This is before level adjustments, of course, so the final Int will be 17 (or maybe a 12 con and 16 int). More to come.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads