• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus one-shot)

Dekana

Explorer
Ok, Kaeso the fighter's character sheet is just about ready, so I've edited my post on the first page. Please do let me know if you see anything obviously wrong about the numbers; I haven't done this for awhile.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I am currently accepting Dekana and Farmboy into Group A, although I still have to go through the characters and a few books and make sure the numbers all add up. Farmboy, just so you know the Ptolus setting is closed off from the rest of the multiverse, although the multiverse is recognized and studied, it's just that most of what is known comes from hypothesis and conjecture. Farmboy, I am going to give Morty two contacts for right now, but I will allow one more if you are interested: Neridoc Bittersong (male gnome wizard 9) of the Delver's Guild merchants who is an arcane scribe by profession. He has few friends since all he likes to talk about is arcana. Luckily for him, Morty is of a similar personality and the two sometimes get into passionate discussions about their recent readings. He also have connections to the Fate Weavers through Megara, who has seemed more agitated as Yearsend Day approaches.

Dekana, let me know if you have any preferences for contacts or I can make some suggestions.

Dekana

Explorer
I was thinking of something along the lines of the City Watch, or the Order of the Fist. Either would seem to be something Kaeso would identify with.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kaeso will have these two following contacts, and possibly a third if you find another group you find that he might identify with:

- Constable Ward Harnox, a human middle-ranking member of the City Watch who is currently headquartered in the Guildsman district watchtower. Ward normally has a dry and morbid sense of humor due to the things that he has seen in his time in service. However, even this part of his humor has dried up ever since he has been assigned to looking into the infrequent and violent "Silent Slayer" murders that are causing a panic in his district, and he has been drinking more often.

- Mark Khatru, a cousin of the current head of House Khatru and young officer in Khatru's private mercenary army. Kaeso sparred with Mark during a visit to the complex run by the Order of Iron Might and the two military men became friends. Mark is a tall and muscular human who seems gruff and direct at times, but has a keen tactical mind. Mark and Kaeso meet at Randle's Tavern, a bar a few streets south of the Citadel of Might, every Firesday that both are free for dinner and a game of kriegspiel. If one doesn't make the meeting, the other understands as both are busy men.

farmboymdp

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Farmboy, I am going to give Morty two contacts for right now, but I will allow one more if you are interested: Neridoc Bittersong (male gnome wizard 9) of the Delver's Guild merchants who is an arcane scribe by profession. He has few friends since all he likes to talk about is arcana. Luckily for him, Morty is of a similar personality and the two sometimes get into passionate discussions about their recent readings. He also have connections to the Fate Weavers through Megara, who has seemed more agitated as Yearsend Day approaches.

Sounds great. I like Neridoc already! And yeah, I tried to make no mentions of interplanar travel, and even Morty's book is widely frowned upon for lack of evidence.

By the way, exactly what can we buy from Ebbert's Outfitters?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
farmboymdp said:
By the way, exactly what can we buy from Ebbert's Outfitters?

Anything on pages 128-129 of the Player's Handbook. Stuff like rope, clothing, torches, etc. This includes masterwork versions. Also view the sblock tab I put in on the initial post as this lists what special inventions he has that are his own creations.

Ilium

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Hey again, Ilium! I just updated the Last Stand of the Dorinthians Story Hour, in which your old character (Chalik) has some nifty moments.

I like your character concept, and since you are the seventh person in under 24 hours to express interest in the game I am now planning to run two adventuring teams that will compete with one another. Team A will be from Tarsis and visiting Ptolus. They will be somewhat famous, but able to move work in a clandestine way due to not being locals. Team B will be from Ptolus and either popular heroes or infamous villians. Either way they will be well known. The two parties will initially have opposing goals.
Thanks! Sorry I had to bail on the Dorinthians, but I simply had no time. Now I have very little time, but I'm itching to game! :)

I'm not too familiar with Ptolus (though I do have th players' guide) so I'll do some reading. But I think I'll go with a Human Wizard base (because I am always feeling short of feats), with some crafting feats. Can I buy items that I have crafting feats for at a discount? Or would you like to set an XP limit on what I can have pre-made?

I'm liking those wand sheaths you posted about. I'm picturing a gunslinger-style wand wielder, with a passion for exploring and a hankering to make an acedemic reputation.

Hmm.. I'll try to get something started today or tomorrow and have a finished character posted by Monday or Tuesday (I'm actually doing homework at the moment :) ).

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Tagret Artalen]
Race: Human
Class: Monk 10
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 145lbs
Alignment: LN

Str: 16 +3 mod (15+1 level adj)
Dex: 16 +3 mod
Con: 14 +2 mod
Int: 14 +2 mod (13 + 1 level adj)
Wis: 16 +3 mod
Cha: 9 -1 mod

AC: 23 (10 + 3 wis mod + 3 dex mod + 3 level bonus + 4 items)

HP: 82 (8 + 54 levels + 20 con mod)

Speed: 60ft

Initiative Mod: +7

Saving Throws:

Fortitude: 9 (7 base + 2 con mod)
Reflex: 10 (7 base + 3 dex mod)
Will: 10 (7 base + 3 wis mod)
+2 to saving throws to spells from the school of enchantment​

Attack:

Base Attack Bonus: +7/2

Unarmed: +10/5 dmg: 2d6+3 (due to Monks Belt)

Meteoric Knife: +11/6 dmg: 1d4 crit: 19-20x2 range: 10ft

Sling: +10/5 dmg: 1d4 crit: x2 range: 50ft

Flurry of Blows: +10/10/5 or +12/12/7 (due to Rapid Strike Bracers)

Grapple Modifier: +14 (7 base + 3 strength +4 Improved Grapple)

Feats:
Improved Initiative (level 1 feat) ~~ +4 to initiative mod
Combat Expertise (human bonus feat) ~~Trade attack bonus for AC
Stunning Fist (1st level class bonus feat) ~~ Detailed below
Combat Reflexes (2nd level class bonus feat) ~~Additional AoO
Dodge (3rd level feat) ~~ +1 dodge bonus against selected target
Mobility (6th Level feat) ~~ +4 bonus to AC against some AoO
Improved Grapple (6th level bonus feat) ~~ +4 to grapple checks
Spring Attack (9th level feat) ~~move before and after melee attack

Stunning Fist: can use 11x a day to stun a foe for 1 round. Fortitude save must beat 10+1/2 character level+wis mod + 2 for Ki Strips. (Save DC = 20)

Class Features:

Flurry of Blows
Unarmed Strike
Improved Evasion ~~~takes half damage or no damage on successful reflex save
Still Mind ~~~ +2 saving throws vs. enchantments
Ki Strike (lawful) ~~~Unarmed strikes act as Lawful weapons for overcoming DR
Slow Fall 50ft
Wholeness of Body ~~~ can heal wounds on self equal to 2x monk level

Skills:

Balance: 12 (7 ranks + 3 dex mod + 2 synergy)
Climb: 16 (13 ranks + 3 str mod)
Hide: 16 (13 ranks + 3 dex mod)
Jump: 12 (7 ranks + 3 str mod + 2 synergy)
Move Silently: 16 (13 ranks + 3 dex mod)
Spot: 16 (13 ranks + 3 dex mod)
Tumble: 17 (12 ranks + 3 dex mod + 2 synergy)

Equipment:

Ki Strips: (Magic Item Compendium) +2 to stunning fist DC
5,000gp no weight

Rapid Strike Bracers: (M.I.C) when activated, +2 to flurry of blows
3,100gp no weight

Rags of Restraint: (M.I.C) expend a stunning fist to heal yourself equal to your monk level
3,200gp no weight

Vanisher Cloak: (M.I.C) 3 charges renewed each day at dawn,
1st charge: You become invisible for 4 rounds
2nd charge: You and one adjacent ally become invisible for 3 rounds
3rd charge: You and 3 adjacent allies become invisible for 2 rounds
2,500gp weight: 1lb

Monks Belt: (DM's Guide) Allows the wearer's AC and unarmed damage to be treated as a monk 5 levels higher and grants one additional use of Stunning Fist per day.
13,000gp weight: 1lb

Sandals of Sprinting: (M.I.C) When activated, you gain a +30 enhancement bonus to your base land speed. This ability functions 3x per day
2,300gp weight: 1/2 lb

Ring of Protection + 2
8,000gp no weight

Amulet of Natural Armor +2
8,000gp no weight

Pouches (3)
3gp 1.5lbs

Thunderstone (10)
300g 10lbs

Meteoric Dagger: (M.I.C) This knife functions as a +1 dagger, in addition, it has 3 charges, which are renuewed each day at dawn. Spending 1 or more charges enhances the dagger's magical properties as desscribed below. The effects last for 1 round.
1 charge: The dagger gains the returning property
2 charges: The dagger gains the flaming and returning properties
3 charges: The dagger gains the flaming and returning properties. In addition, if it hits a creature, it deals normal damage and creates an explosion of fire that deals an extra 3d6 points of fire damage to the target and all creatures adjacent to it. (Reflex DC 14 half)
2,802g 1/2lb
Total Weight: 15lbs[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ilium said:
I'm not too familiar with Ptolus (though I do have th players' guide) so I'll do some reading. But I think I'll go with a Human Wizard base (because I am always feeling short of feats), with some crafting feats. Can I buy items that I have crafting feats for at a discount? Or would you like to set an XP limit on what I can have pre-made?

You would have to join a mage's guild in order to benefit from the use of a laboratory or workshop, unless you want to say that you built your own workshop. Either one can be quite expensive, such as membership to the Inverted Pyramid costing 2,000gp and a prestige level. I would allow you to have a contact in the Inverted Pyramid (or the Sorn or House Sadar or House Dallimothan or an independant wizard), instead, and through the organization you pick you are able to get a 5% discount on items you can make yourself without an XP cost (since you use their help and facilities).

Dekana: Can you look over Kaseo's sheet again? I think you picked 75 skill points out when I think he only gets 52, but my own math may be wrong.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OnlytheStrong: Do you have a preference for political allies or contacts? I think the Order of the Fist would be a no-brainer for your character's alignment and class.

Remove ads