Deuce Traveler's Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus one-shot)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tailspinner said:
Any limitations on race? Aram? Litorian? Assarai?

Nope, no limits in Ptolus except for drow. Just keep level adjustments in mind, if applicable. Hell, one of Monte Cook's players was a half-dragon, half-umber hulk.

Ilium

First Post
I have a vague idea about an arcane caster who's focused on the various Prismatic spells (probably with levels in Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, if that's OK). I have an overwhelming urge to cast Prismatic Spray while yelling "Taste the rainbow!" :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Hey again, Ilium! I just updated the Last Stand of the Dorinthians Story Hour, in which your old character (Chalik) has some nifty moments.

I like your character concept, and since you are the seventh person in under 24 hours to express interest in the game I am now planning to run two adventuring teams that will compete with one another. Team A will be from Tarsis and visiting Ptolus. They will be somewhat famous, but able to move work in a clandestine way due to not being locals. Team B will be from Ptolus and either popular heroes or infamous villians. Either way they will be well known. The two parties will initially have opposing goals.

farmboymdp

First Post
Wow, this game is sounding better and better!

And the picture is from the awful-yet-stylish movie The Brothers Grimm. Normally I'm a fan of Gilliam, but damn!

I only saw the major god Lothian in the PG, so I went with something that could work for him from Core.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thanks, Farmboy, an no worries. The Boccob-type god in Ptolus is Khaors, True Neutral God of Knowledge and Magic. He is an old god of the previous inhabitants of the country Ptolus resides in and lord of wizardly magic. Another true-Neutral god that may be more interesting is Ni-Gorth, who was a human servan and priest of the dragon god of Chaos and once ruler of the region, Father Claw. Ni-Gorth rebelled and freed the humanoid races, and chained Father Claw in a place he could no longer do harm. His former comrades and loyal priests to Father Claw assassinated him, but he rose to godhood. He was the first of the humanoid New Gods, but is almost entirely forgotten and rarely worshipped. I'm still fine with Boccob, however. Initial post is now updated.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
My human monk (Tagret Artalen) I am planning on being LN, since LG is sorta and odd alignment and I'm not a big evil person at heart. I do not believe he will have a religion, but will instead thrive to unlock his body's powers. He is almost finished, but I am alittle concerned with the healing aspect. I guess what I don't really get is.... self healing. Do I just need to grab a crapload of potions? As of this point and time my AC is 23. I do plan on getting in on the combat, especially with my flurry of blows. I bough Bracers of Rapid Strike which give me a +2 attack bonus on my F.o.B and something else that allows my stunning fist to be better. I will have my character sheet and background finished by Sunday night.

ethandrew

First Post
How many players are you looking at accepting? I'm not too familiar with Ptolus but I will read through the supplied information. I wouldn't mind playing a rogue, but I'll get something more formal fleshed out soon.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
farmboy: Sounds good!

OnlytheStrong: Potions might be a good idea. Or I might allow your monk to use some kind of a clerical staff that had healing charges, but I'll have to look at the many DMG options before I decide.

Ethandrew: No limit just yet, since I will probably divide the characters up into two teams. I will probably keep this thread so the two groups can smack talk first, though.

Scotley

Hero
Shaping up to be an interesting group, I'm glad to see some familiar folks joining up. I'm definately going with Duskblade. I'm going to be out of town over the weekend, but I'll get a draft up by Monday or Tuesday at the outside. I've got considerable reading to do on Ptolus and a race to pick.

Remove ads