• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus one-shot)

farmboymdp

First Post
Am I reading it correctly that we get a 10% discount on all our items?

Also, given access to the library, does that eliminate the service charge for copying spells to one's spellbook or is it not that kind of library?

d'Anconia

Explorer
If there's still room (and it looks like there is, if we're going with two groups), I'd love to jump in here, most likely as some sort of divine caster. I'm still sorting out all the options, and will have something else up later tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT:
And now the dice:
Set 1: 16, 15, 12, 11, 9, 7 (link)
Set 2: 17, 16, 13, 12, 12, 9 (link)
Set 3: 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 11 (link)

Last edited:

farmboymdp

First Post
Phew! Mortimus is done and ready for review; I made a list of the books I took material from at the bottom of the build. I can PM you anything you might not have if that's alright, and let me know if polymorph is going to be okay or if I should get rid of it. I know some DMs don't like it for their games.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scotley: A duskblade sounds good, thanks!

d'Anconia: Certainly, jump in. Set 2 looks to be your best stats so far and either group could use a divine caster.

Farmboy: Polymorph is fine with me.

Actually, Ebbert's Outfitters sells only equipment and not weapons or armor. For your characters, Ebbert sells any piece of non-magical equipment found in the PHB for 10% off. Also he sells the following (prices below do not include your 10% discount, so please do the math):

Collapsible Ten-Foot Pole: A 10-foot pole that can collapse to fit in a hand but otherwise weighs and acts the same as a normal 10' pole. 35gp.

Multiflask: A flask that has two sides with two stoppers and that can hold two quantities of potions. Weighs twice as much as a normal flask, but allows a character to use a single move action to draw the potion, a standard action to drink, and then another standard action to drink again. 3gp.

Rat Harness: Fits around a rat and either makes it so that the rat can walk, or pushes the rat into a little ball. Also keeps the rat from being able to bite. Helpful to walk the rat or toss the rat into an area to look for traps. 1/2 lb, 1gp.

Trapfinder Ball: A large rubber ball useful in looking for the occasional trap. 1 lb, 5gp.

Wand Sheath: This sheath wraps around the forearm of a wand user and can hold up to six different wands. This allows the user to draw a wand as part of a move action as a fighter would draw a weapon as he moved. Putting the wand away is still a move action. 1lb, 5gp.

Wand Sheath (Spring Action): This is like a normal wand sheath, but the user can draw one wand as a free action once a round. 2 lb, 125gp.

Breather Mask: Leather and metal mask that fits over users lower face, and gives a +2 circumstance bonus to saving throws against gas attacks. 1 lb, 5gp.

Dark Goggles: Dark-tinted goggles, that give the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus to saving throws to blinding effects, and a +1 circumstance bonus to other vision attacks. 1lb, 12gp.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
farmboymdp said:
Also, given access to the library, does that eliminate the service charge for copying spells to one's spellbook or is it not that kind of library?

Not that kind of library. It just gives you a bonus to finding information on the city, the dungeons below, and local history.

ObiAndy: No problem, I'll remove you from the list. Thanks anyway for your interest.

Tychus

First Post
I'm interested in getting in on this. I'm fond of Ptolus, and plan to set my next campaign there (I have the book, but have only read a few sections thus far). I'm fairly new to PbP, though I'm trying to get a game of my own up and running on another site.

My character concept is a Grailwarden Dwarf Bard 10, with a fondness for firearms.

Roll 1: 12, 12, 15, 10, 15, 11
Roll 2: 14, 13, 12, 16, 14, 9
Roll 3: 14, 17, 13, 13, 15, 11

Could the Rapid Reload feat from the PHB be applied to Ptolus firearms?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Welcome, Tychus. If you get a repeating rifle it can hold six shots that can be fired before reloading, but I would allow the Rapid Reload feat to be used for firearms (the sidebar of the Ptolus book on page 560 agrees). Some firearms take longer to load than others, so the result of the feat would differ depending on the weapon. Take a look at pages 559-562 in the Ptolus book for more details on each firearm.

Last edited:

bedford

First Post
I am intrested in playing a werebear warshaper, feral minotaur barbarian, ogre mineral warrior monk, or ogre fighter/barbarian. would any of these fit into your game?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
bedford said:
I am intrested in playing a werebear warshaper, feral minotaur barbarian, ogre mineral warrior monk, or ogre fighter/barbarian. would any of these fit into your game?

Yes. This is Ptolus, after all. :) Just let me know where to reference anything you use. I think you would fit into Group B, however, since Group A would need to be able to act under the radar at times.

Remove ads