Deva or Aasimar?

Deva or Aasimar?

• Deva

Votes: 189 67.0%
  • Aasimar

Votes: 93 33.0%

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
If aasimar suffers from one too many a's, then I think same probably applies to daeva. ;)

Honestly though, I really don't care what it's called as long as it's fun to play.

Serendipity

Explorer
How about Asimar? No idea what the designers had in mind when they changed it so I can't judge the name change on those merits. If it's basically the same race as in 3e and before then why change the name?
If they're changing the fluff (as they did with the core tiefling) then what's the big deal? Not that many people are going to use the fluff background straight without some mods anyway.....

Shroomy

Adventurer
How about Asimar? No idea what the designers had in mind when they changed it so I can't judge the name change on those merits. If it's basically the same race as in 3e and before then why change the name?
If they're changing the fluff (as they did with the core tiefling) then what's the big deal? Not that many people are going to use the fluff background straight without some mods anyway.....

I do think that the 4e aasimar/deva will be somewhat different from earlier editions (like the reincarnation stuff), but I can guess what the designers were thinking. Aasimar seems to be a somewhat unpopular and hard to pronounce name; since the aasimon/angels were reconceptualized, the word deva was just lying around waiting to also be repurposed.

Remove ads