• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DF's "The Slaying Stone" 4e

Inspiratorium

First Post
OOC: Drothgery, I don't think I'm in range for your second interrupt. Mathariel's three squares away. Use it on Ban, if you need to, I haven't taken too much damage... and I have a rather useful racial power.

Last edited:

GM: Just an update. Patrin's D aura triggers once, hitting R3 for 6. Mathariel is out of range for your swap, but if you'd like to change the trigger to Banmarden, that's fine. I don't mind the timing of the interrupts, so don't worry about that.

Initiative is on Patrin and Sindaba, then the others.

Let me know if you need anything else!

[sblock=Battle Info]

[sblock=Map Info]All squares not on the road are difficult terrain.

Wolves labelled G are "Gray Wolves." They are slightly larger and more fearsome.
Wolves labelled R are "Ravenous Wolves." They are more haggard.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Mathariel
Banmarden

Gray Wolves
Ravenous Wolves

Patrin
Sindabar[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[sblock=Defenses]G Defenses
AC: ?
Fort: ?
Ref: 15
Will: ?

R Defenses
Ref: 14
Will: ?[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
G1: 26 damage, bloodied
G2: 4 damage

R1: ?
R2: ?
R3: 19 damage, bloodied

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 70

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Drothgery, I don't think I'm in range for your second interrupt. Mathariel's three squares away. Use it on Ban, if you need to, I haven't taken too much damage... and I have a rather useful racial power.
OOC: I didn't realize you'd moved; on the previous map, your character was closer to more enemies than Ban and I thought I might be able to catch them all in dragon breath...

GM: Just an update. Patrin's D aura triggers once, hitting R3 for 6. Mathariel is out of range for your swap, but if you'd like to change the trigger to Banmarden, that's fine. I don't mind the timing of the interrupts, so don't worry about that.
OOC: Unfortunately, Ban was hit by a crit so there's no chance of it missing Patrin's better AC, but I guess it still makes sense to do it (or at least is in character; no one ever said he was smart).

After the wolf's clamp down on Patrin's arm, he cleaves his blade into the base of the creature's neck, and its neck snaps with a wicked crunch.

GM: R3 dies. Ravenous wolves have 25HP and their AC is 15. Patrin took the crit for Banmarden. Please make sure to give me your HP this round!

[sblock=Battle Info]

[sblock=Map Info]All squares not on the road are difficult terrain.

Wolves labelled G are "Gray Wolves." They are slightly larger and more fearsome.
Wolves labelled R are "Ravenous Wolves." They are more haggard.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Mathariel
Banmarden

Gray Wolves
Ravenous Wolves

Patrin
Sindabar[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[sblock=Defenses]G Defenses
Ref: 15
Will: ?

R Defenses
AC: 15
Ref: 14
Will: ?[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
G1: 26 damage, bloodied
G2: 4 damage

R1: 25/25
R2: 25/25
R3: Dead

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sindabar motions to the grey wolf. He chants words of ancient, arcane runes are drawn in the air by the wizard with his now glowing hands. As the spell nears it's end, the group feels as the temperature drops several degrees. The rain frozes around the wizard as a ray of temperature void darts to the grey wolf, hitting it in the back. The animal yelps in agony as his flesh starts to freeze.

Chill strike: Critical hit for 20 dmg and G1 is dazed. Sorry I didn't use area powers, it was not very convenient; but thanks for the map!

drothgery

First Post
Patrin, Dragonborn Paladin (Cavalier) 1, 25/33 HP

Patrin steps up to Mathariel's side, and takes a cut at the grey wolf.

[sblock=actions]move: shift to Z10
standard: Strike of Hope vs G2; dmg (1d20+8=22, 1d8+4=12); Mathariel gains 3 Temporary Hit Points[/sblock]
[sblock=aura]Note that Patrin's Defender Aura is up; attacks by enemies within 1 square of Patrin that don't include him take a -2 penalty, and the first attack in each opponent's turn will trigger Rightous Radiance damage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
Mathariel pulls himself up to his feet, and his form blurs. One moment, the cleric is lying on the ground and desperately warding off attacks, and the next, he is is behind the grey wolf, a prayer on his tongue and his sword in his hand. After two failed attempts at hitting these wolves, he had learned to predict where these accursed things would dodge to, and the eladrin hits his mark.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand up
Standard: Fey Step to Z12
Action Point: Blessings of Battle w/ CA vs G2. Grant Patrin resist 3 to all damage until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Mathariel Lynwood - Male Eladrin Warpriest
Initiative -1 - Passive Perception 13 - Passive Insight 18 - Senses Low light
AC 18 - Fortitude 14 - Reflex 14 - Will 15
HP 26(+3)/28 - Bloodied 14 - Surge Value 7 - Surges left 10/10
Action Points 0 - Second Wind Not Used [/sblock]

OOC: Patrin, don't forget about the 5 temp HP from my Sun Burst. You should have 25 HP total.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Immediate threats gone, Banmarden shape flows again and he reforms in his natural form a step from where he started. Holding his staff high over his head he brings down lightning on the nearest wolf.

[sblock=actions]
Minor - Shapeshift, Shift to BB11
Standard - Jolt of Lightning against G2 +4 vs Fort, 1d10+4 lightning damage and the target cannot take attacks of opportunity till the end of my next turn
[/sblock]

Remove ads