• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DF's "The Slaying Stone" 4e

[sblock=Alert]Gray Wolves' AC is 16.[/sblock]

The wolves tighten their circle and dash toward Patrin, hoping to bring him down. One of the ravenous wolves sinks its teeth deep into the dragonborn's thigh and tugs at him while another throws itself against his knees and topples him. A third wolf climbs on top of Patrin and attempts to bury its fangs into his neck, but the warrior manages to swat the beast away.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Patrin has resist 3.

R1 move to Z9.
Attack Patrin. Hit. 10 damage [including resistance].
Patrin is grabbed.

G2 attack Patrin. Hit. 6 damage [including resistance].
Patrin falls prone.

R2 attack Patrin. Miss.

Result. Patrin is prone and grabbed and takes 16 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Battle Info]

[sblock=Map Info]All squares not on the road are difficult terrain.

Wolves labelled G are "Gray Wolves." They are slightly larger and more fearsome.
Wolves labelled R are "Ravenous Wolves." They are more haggard.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Mathariel
Banmarden

Gray Wolves
Ravenous Wolves

Patrin
Sindabar[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[sblock=Defenses]G Defenses
AC: 16
Fort: ?
Ref: 15
Will: ?

R Defenses
AC: ?
Ref: 14
Will: ?[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
G1: dead
G2: 21 damage, bloodied

R1: ?
R2: ?
R3: dead

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

GM: I'll be NPCing Sindabar until VV makes his gallant return. Next up is @drothgery , then the others!

Sindabar raises his staff and looses a flurry of blinding snow toward the wolves. A thin layer of frost collects on their ragged hides.

[sblock=Actions]
Sindabar freezing burst vs. R1 and R2.
Hit both for 7 cold. No slide.[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
G2: 17/38, bloodied

R1: 18/25, bloodied
R2: 18/25. bloodied
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Patrin, Dragonborn Paladin (Cavalier) 1, 9/33 HP

Patrin stands up, and takes a swing at one of the wolves.
[sblock=actions]move: stand up from prone (nothing about being grabbed or immobilized seems to prevent this)
standard: Valiant Strike vs G2 (+3 for three adjacent enemies, +1 for Dragonborn Fury while bloodied); dmg (1d20+12=19, 1d8+4=9)
action point: (bonuses assume R1 was killed) Valiant Strike vs R2 (+2 for two adjacent enemies, +1 for Dragonborn Fury while bloodied); dmg (1d20+11=20, 1d8+4=11)[[/sblock]

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
As the gray wolf knocks Patrin over, Mathariel intones a few words of prayer to close the dragonborn's wounds, then swings his sword at the wolf in front of him, sustaining the protective ward around Patrin. The blade barely connects, managing to inflict a shallow cut.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Healing Word on Patrin. Gain a healing surge plus 1d6+2
Standard: Blessings of Battle vs G1. Patrin keeps the Resist 3.
[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
Mathariel Lynwood - Male Eladrin Warpriest
Initiative -1 - Passive Perception 13 - Passive Insight 18 - Senses Low light
AC 18 - Fortitude 14 - Reflex 14 - Will 15
HP 26(+3)/28 - Bloodied 14 - Surge Value 7 - Surges left 10/10
Action Points 0 - Second Wind Not Used
[/sblock]
OOC: Patrin, I don't think you killed either those wolves. They both had 18 HP left

Last edited:

GM: Inspiratorium is correct. Those wolves had only taken 7 damage up to that point. Sorry for any confusion with my bookkeeping. I'll have an update tonight, so feel free to adjust your post if you like.

drothgery

First Post
GM: Inspiratorium is correct. Those wolves had only taken 7 damage up to that point. Sorry for any confusion with my bookkeeping. I'll have an update tonight, so feel free to adjust your post if you like.
OOC: I have a bad habit with that; I see x/y HPs for a monster and assume that's damage taken not HP left (even though I don't write like that myself). Will need to adjust Patrin's actions, but @work. Probably just attack G2 and don't spend the action point, then.

GM: The below assumes Patrin hit G1 for 9 and didn't expend his action point, then Mathariel hit for 4. Next up is [MENTION=42839]Phaezen[/MENTION], correct?

[sblock=Battle Info]

[sblock=Map Info]All squares not on the road are difficult terrain.

Wolves labelled G are "Gray Wolves." They are slightly larger and more fearsome.
Wolves labelled R are "Ravenous Wolves." They are more haggard.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Mathariel
Banmarden

Gray Wolves
Ravenous Wolves

Patrin
Sindabar[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[sblock=Defenses]G Defenses
AC: 16
Ref: 15
Will: ?

R Defenses
AC: ?
Ref: 14
Will: ?[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
G2: 4/38, bloodied

R1: 18/25, bloodied
R2: 18/25, bloodied

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Banmarden looks at the wolves, with a flourish of his staff he brings another bolt of lightening on the most wounded wolf, hoping to bring it down to release pressure on his companions.

[Sblock=actions]
Standard - Jolt of Lightning against G2 +4 vs Fort, 1d10+4 lightning damage and the target cannot take attacks of opportunity till the end of my next turn
Move - Move to Z7
[/Sblock]

As Banmarden cuts down a third wolf, the remaining beasts whimper. Their posture changes to reflect their realization that they cannot win. In an instant, the wolves attempt to beat a hasty retreat.

GM: The wolves are just moving away. Patrin may make punishing attacks against both of them.

As your heart rate slows, your eyes drift to the window in the tower. A silhouetted figure stands at the opening, observing you. This must be Treona, the woman who put out the call for aid.

Remove ads