DF's "Those Damn Heroes"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry DF, I don't usually post on weekends. [/sblock]

As the door open's a thorny vine springs from the ground in front of Karrak, and streaks towards the closest of the adventurer's, intent on pulling the victim next to the dwarf.

[sblock=ooc]
thorn strike (1d20+9=22, 2d6+7=10) hits AC 22 for, all of 11 damage (minimum :() and pulls 1. Ideally I'd like to pull the rogue.
brutal re-roll (1d6=2)[/sblock]

Karrack's vine snakes across the floor, lashing out at Mox's puny hobbit-leg. The tines dig into his flesh and he yelps like a child getting trampled by a horse. The vine drags him across the ground, leaving him standing in the midst of you horrible brigands.

Ulfric steps up toward Sal, obviously fiercely protective of his halfling companion. "You bastards! That sweet boy never hurt anyone! In the name of Odin and the name of my father, Ser Errant Bindlesnape, I smite you!" He casts his shield onto the ground, raises his hammer above his head, and brings it down with impressive strength on the half-orc's cranium. Of course, that isn't the first time Sal's head has been nearly bashed in with a hammer, but it still hurts. A lot.

A'riel, the blonde, elegant wizard steps to the side of the entrance. "It always comes to this," she murmurs in an alien tongue some of you recognize as elven. She raises her hand and summons an orb of amber light.

[sblock=Trained in Arcana?]You recognize her spell as MAGIC MISSILE![/sblock]

"I attack you! I attack THE DARKNESS!" she shouts. The attack bounces wildly around the room, ricocheting like a rubber ball against the walls in your grandmother's kitchen. The attack misses, and she crosses her arms in a huff.

Her pout doesn't last long, though, because Mikal's spell manages to pull her eyelids shut long enough to convince her she's actually asleep. The glow fades from her eyes, and she lays down to snuggle with a medium-sized rock. "Oh Derrick," she murmurs sensually.

[sblock=Actions]
Ulfric moves adjacent to Sal
Ulfric uses Heedless Fury, hits Sal for 28
Effect: Ulfric's defenses get -5 for a round

A'riel sidesteps
Casts a spell, misses
Fails saving throw, falls unconscious
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative order]
Ulfric
A'riel
Sal
Houndaer
Toaddy
Mox
Mikal
Karrak
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy info]
Ulfric: Slowed, -5 to ALL defenses

Mox: Slowed, taken 11 damage
AC: 15 Will: 15

A'riel: Unconscious
Will: 16[/sblock]

Inspiratorium

First Post
Sal Aldurn (19/47)

Sal winces back at the hammer, but uses the downward momentum it granted him to get in a small slash at Ulfric's knees, slicing into the flesh and causing him to stumble backwards and fall. He then takes a moment to collect himself and walks over to Ariel, driving his sword ruthlessly into her stomach.

OOC: Minor Action: Low Slash on Ulfric (No Action: Takedown Strike) 18 dmg, and I slide Ulfric one square away and knock him prone.
Move Action: Move to a square adjacent Ariel (and if possible, 1 square away from Ulfric).
Standard Action: Attempt to Coup de Grace Ariel. Hits, deals 31 dmg.

As much as that one hurt, I'm happy to have my revenge :)< PS Bloodied.

[sblock=Ministats]Sal Aldurn - Half Orc Fighter/Rogue
HP: 19(+5 Temp)/47
Surges: 10/10
AC: 22
Fort: 19
Reflex: 21
Will: 14
Action Points: 1
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Powers:
Riposte Strike
Dual Strike
Takedown Strike
Hack and Hew
Low Slash
Furious Assault
Single Out
Press the Advantage
Rain of Steel
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Taddy rises his mace with his thin arms above his head. Wildly, he runs towards the paladin, screaming all king of things, wiggling his tongue about. He brings his mace down, but it was a predictable attack, and Ulfric simply sidesteps, letting the full power of the mace crush the stone floor. It does just that, leaving a crater.
In frustration, Toaddy farts repeatedly, filling the air with a rancid odour. Sal however, feels the smell empowers him, revitalizes him, and electrifies him!! Not only he can spend a healing surge (and regain 1d6 additional hit points), his weapon damage is increased (+2 to the next attack) and he can sap anyone adjacent to him for 5 lightning damage, feeling like if he was an orc version of Raiden! All that in a toad's fart. Had he knew Toaddy's farts had those effects he had began to breath them instead of running away in despair.

Actions: Thundering steel vs Ulfric, probably a miss
Minor: Healing word on Sal, with the above described effects.

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
Sal Aldurn (37/47)

Sal inhales deeply as Toaddy's healing magics close his wounds, then suddenly realizes what he's inhaling, and stops.

[sblock=Ministats]Sal Aldurn - Half Orc Fighter/Rogue
HP: 37(+5 Temp)/47
Surges: 9/10
AC: 22
Fort: 19
Reflex: 21
Will: 14
Action Points: 1
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 13
Powers:
Riposte Strike
Dual Strike
Takedown Strike
Hack and Hew
Low Slash
Furious Assault
Single Out
Press the Advantage
Rain of Steel
[/sblock]

Last edited:

As Sal stands towering over A'riel, she opens her eyes sleepily. "Oh, Derrick. I've missed your touch." Without bothering with any of that sappy, romantic bull excrement, Sal slips his blade into her gut, dealing her a certainly fatal wound. A single tear falls from her radiant eye. "No...no...death...saving throws...for me..." With that, she goes limp.

As Toaddy fills the air with noxious fumes and Sal eagerly wafts them, Ulfric and Mox look on disgustedly. "Are you..." Mox's voice quavers. He looks over at Ulfric, whose eyes are wide with horror. "It's the legend of the gassy bullywug. THE PROPHECY!"

[sblock=Initiative order]
Ulfric
A'riel
-Sal
Houndaer
-Toaddy
Mox
Mikal
Karrak
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy info]
Ulfric: Slowed, -5 to ALL defenses, taken 18 damage, prone
AC: 20

Mox: Slowed, taken 11 damage
AC: 15 Will: 15

A'riel: As DEAD as your childhood dreams.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not sure as to what these so called heroes are about, Mikal casts his own magic missiles at the halfling hope to take him out of the fight. (auto hit: 6 force dmg)

[sblock=Stat Block]
Spells, Powers, And Misc:
Magic Missile, Scorching Burst*, Thunderwave, Burning Hands*, Fire Shroud*, Fireball*, Staff of Defense, Second Wind, Sleep, Expeditious Retreat, Power Jewel, WarMage Staff

* Astral Fire

AC: 18 Fort: 18 Reflex: 17 Will: 21
HP: 40/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 10.

Basic attacks
Ranged (Magic Missile)
Ranged 20, auto-hit, 6 force damage.

Melee (Staff)
Melee +3 vs AC, dmg; 1d8-1

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Diplomacy +7, History +11, Insight +10, Religion +11

RITUALS
Comprehend Languages, Make Whole, Water Walk, Enchant Magic Item, Knock[/sblock]

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
"Well let's see if you want to join your friend there." Houndaer strikes out with his dagger at the halfling.

[sblock=Action]Standard: Sly Flourish at Mox.
Move: Between Mox and Ulfric.[/sblock]

Houndaer's blade slices neatly into the halfling's throat, leaving Mox gurgling blood and flailing wildly. The tiny little man, barely taller than a kobold, dies facedown in the dirt.

Good job, you jerk.

[sblock=Listen up!]Sorry for my brief absence, fellas. Please enjoy this KOing of an enemy a gift from your benevolent DM.

Next up, Karrak and Mikal![/sblock]

Remove ads