• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Di Sample ???

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It's kinda fun, and if it is any sort of unofficial "teaser," I can start to see how it's being integrated. Positives I can see:

-- It originated from a thread in which they accepted contributions
-- It's quite customizable.
-- Things get linked -- I could click to bring up the Variant Deck of Many Things, and use it right there.

It's not tight with the rules, but it does show some bare-bones on how something like this might partially be made. Not quite a teaser, but perhaps showing off some of the behind-the-scenes infrastructure that's going on?

The Lost Muse

First Post
My first thought was not very Grandma-friendly, so I'll paraphrase - are they serious? Sure, it might be one tiny aspect, but that's kinda dumb.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My first thought was not very Grandma-friendly, so I'll paraphrase - are they serious? Sure, it might be one tiny aspect, but that's kinda dumb.

???

What do you mean? What's not grandma friendly about mint, corn, armor, and occasional rags of cloth?

The Lost Muse

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
???

What do you mean? What's not grandma friendly about mint, corn, armor, and occasional rags of cloth?

Sorry, my reaction was not grandma friendly. The generator is fine I guess... just seems - lame. Really lame.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Sorry, my reaction was not grandma friendly. The generator is fine I guess... just seems - lame. Really lame.

Well, I'd agree it's nothing I'd want to pay good money for, but it shows that they do have some skill at spittin' out stuff from a generator, which is a good bet that any generators they use in the DI will be competent.

SubMensa

First Post
In testing this out I determined that my characters from now on will all be carrot farmers. No more dangerous dungeons for me.

Barrel said:
Sacks (Medium 1d6)
Medium Sack: 800oz, 50pt, 50lb
- Sack (2): Carrots (Dried) 1gp per oz (800gp)

800gp for two sacks of dried carrots! Beat that you kobold swine!

JustKim

First Post
I'd say this is a coincidence, but that suggests it coincides with DI at all. What are you guys thinking? It's just a fun little program someone threw together. They have been doing things like this forever.

Remove ads