di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

BigB

First Post
Well this is interesting. First I must state I can cast no such spells nor have I commissioned or requested this. I received the crossbow from the tournament as all others have. Perhaps someone has taken notice of our wager and wishes to see Lord Guillaume on the losing end of the wager. Lord Guillaume do you know of anyone capable of this that would have reason to see you lose? I would certainly have reason but not the connections or ability to do so unseen.

Velmont

First Post
"Not the connection?" tells Lord Guillaume. "Your big friend of yours just came, telling eh just detect the magic. If he can do this, he can surely cast a minor curse and an enchantment."

"I must tells he make a good point. You have connection. Jik'tu, you may come foward, and you can speak. I would like to know, what is that bet?" ask Reynold.

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
"Not the connection?" tells Lord Guillaume. "Your big friend of yours just came, telling eh just detect the magic. If he can do this, he can surely cast a minor curse and an enchantment."

"I must tells he make a good point. You have connection. Jik'tu, you may come foward, and you can speak. I would like to know, what is that bet?" ask Reynold.

So you believe that Jik'tu is capable of stealth enough to sneak in front of everyone to enchant this crossbow I carried while I did not leave the tournament field and stood in plain sight of everyone? Stealth is not something I would think an intelligent being would call Jik'tu.

Velmont

First Post
Reynold looks at Warren and the other judge. Both shook there heads. "None of the judge have seen Jik'tu touching your crossbow. Would it be possible to cast that spell from some range?" he asks to the third judge.

"No, you must touch it. It is always to modify the range of a commonly known spell, but it ask to be a master in his art to do so."

"Fine, all weapons are inspected between each round, and no magical aura have been detected at that moment, so the one who have done this is subtle."

"Most likely he had to cast a silent version of that spell, and many spell can be cast without drawing too much attention."

"Ok, but what about the curse?"

"Simple spell, mastered by many church at very low power. Can be cast from short range. It could have been cast by you, me, or any contestant who has the favor of a god. That mean Jik'tu could have easily cast it. And I think all people have been enough absorbed by the last contestants that anyone could have done this without attracting too much attention." says Warren.

"It doesn't eliminate Jik'tu, but it is not necesserly him. But tell me, what is that bet, and who is implicated by that bet?"

BigB

First Post
Cepheus tries to explain the bet:

If Lord Guillaume does not pass to the next round he gives me 100 gp. If I don't, I will work for him for one day. If both fail, we pay our due. If both pass to the next round, we double the stack at hand. That mean if we meet in final, it will be 400 gp in the stack for me, and 4 days of work from me for Lord Guillaume. In addition we have extended the bet for Quozen, Nirassa, the other elf and the halfling with Lord Guillaume putting up the gold and myself putting up the time. Of course this means I will work for him for minimum 1 day but that could be very good pay for 1 days work.

Perhaps someone would like to see us both eliminated to make their chances to win better. Perhaps they fear the Gnome...We are a frightening fear instilling race...
;)

BigB

First Post
Almost as an afterthought Cepheus adds: Or perhaps it is the wager that Lord Guillaume has with Jik'tu. Perhaps that may explain things a bit. I will let the two of them give the details on that.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus yet again adds: My thinking here is that perhaps someone has an interest in seeing Lord Guillaume duel Jik'tu, as I believe that is a part of their bet.

DerHauptman

First Post
I dun know wut you says bout me cast dis spell....

I knows dis called minor stuffs orsuns or sumtin like dat

...I from shaman's class in my peoples

but wus too stupid bees gud so I am warrior now simple like dat.

I knows free spells, tects some magics, can't reads magic cuz I can't reads, I can makes sum spoilt food gud to eat...dat it fur me...

I jus make sure dat one dere not cheat...he's no honors ya knows dat Reynolds?

I dun cast dat spells oftn cause it hurts my head too much...

I not know wut peoples casts dat magic spell but knows it not me...I dunno how.

[sblock] I know this might take a bluff check but I consider a few things to Jik'tu's advantage there.

He is obviously dumb, and this combined with his heratige might make people assume he's right.

He is dressed like a warrior and displays no holy symbols.

He has never whispered anything to anyone in Ossirus about his role as a cleric
except for Cepheus and a paladin named Erkson (or something similar).

The people at the contest are not directly effected by the outcome and stuff like that.

Velmont you can roll and set the DC and such if you think one is needed...

[/sblock]

Oh and dat bets we gots...

If idis mans wins I works aside Cepheus too at same time...

If Cepheus wins dat mens dere

he lets me have my honor by fights like man outside city

dis in tree days at place he says...I not skert at him

I make hims pollogy fur dis stuff he say bout me and Cepehus too..

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
As Jik'tu speaks, Reynold eyes travel from the orc to the the third judge.

"Boomhill want his money and Jik'tu want his fight, and they don't want to work for me. I can lose money, but it is not like I can't pay. My family have enough money to pay an hundread time that bet." tells Lord Guillaume.

Warren and the other judge both nodes at the noble statement. It seems the tide is against Cepheus and Jik'tu.

"You are right, lord Guillaume. But I need a proof before disqualifying someone. Warren, you have prepared the spell I asked you." ask Reynold.

Warren nods. "Manister, I would need you to use a detect magic spell to see if everyone will eb affected."

"Mine is still active" answers the third judge.

"Warren will cast a spell that will force everyone to tells the truth. You can't lie, but you can distort the truth or tells nothing. If the answers are not clear enough, if you refuse to answers or if you resist the spell, I will have to disqualify you."

Warren cast his spell. "Cepehus Boomhill, have you responsabilities in the enchantement of your weapon, or the curse of Lord Guillaume? Were you aware of any of the spell casts? Jik'tu, have you responsabilities in the enchantement of your weapon, or the curse of Lord Guillaume? Were you aware of any of the spell casts?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Nice try Jik'tu, but it seems not enough to remove any doubt... 0 on a Bluff roll is not enough...[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads