• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

*Edit: Initiative (ouch!)*
initiative (1d20+1=2)
[sblock=Crunch]
Garrit chooses a longsword, chain shirt, and a heavy wooden shield

AC 17, T 11, FF 16

Move 30'

Attack: longsword +3, 1d8+2, 19-20x2
Power Attack: longsword +2, 1d8+3, 19-20x2
Charge w/ P.A.: +3, 1d8+3, 19-20x2

No readied action
[/sblock]
He picks out a chain shirt, a heavy wooden shield, and a longsword. "This should do fine," he says to himself.

As he enters the combat circle, he prays, "Lightbringer, if it is your will, may I be victorious this day." He then sets himself in a combat stance.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= In the Arena's field =-=-=-

The man taking care of Khairi is a cleric of Grendath. "You seems alright." tells the man, seeing that he hasn't been touch. "Yes, teh hit was impressive, but lack finesse. If eh fight like that in a true combat, he will die quickly. Maybe not after the first combat, but quickly. He has teh muscle, but lack the strategy."

Warren, judging Octavio's cricle, declare teh combat starting. The man in front of Octavio decide to charge him. As he arrive next to Octavio, he attacks and the blade easily pierce Octavio's armor, but to his surprise, he doesn,t geel the sting of the blade, but more like if someone had punch him directly on the chest... the magic of the ring save him from a deep wound in the chest. Octavio seems to fall, his opponent, thinking he just gave a fatal wounds, lower his guard, leaving a large oppening for him.

On the other circle, Manister has declared the start of the fight. The half-elf quickly move to the center of the circle, but instead of charging, he draw a dart and throw it at the Half-Orc. The half-Orc, not expecting this, get hit by the dart who give a quick pain in the leg, but the magic of the ring is in effect, and the pain leave as quick as it came.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Octavio took 4 points of damage and have been successfull on his feint. Garrit has recieved 4 points of damage and he is 20 feets from his opponent, who is standing in the center of the circle.[/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
"Damn me, that hurt! Grendath's not done with me yet, though. Let's see what I can make of this." Steeling himself for a return strike should his attack fail, Octavio thrusts his rapier towards his opponent. If his opponent still stands, Octavio moves to give himself more space to maneuver.

OOC:Set Octavio's opponent as his Dodge target.
Attacking with rapier, opponent is -2AC for charging and denied DEX from the feint.

To Hit=18, Damage=4, Sneak Attack=6(When entering the dice info into IC I used commas instead of semicolons and got results like "17,1" instead of "18.")

Possible crit!

Confirm crit attack=14, damage=2

If his opponent is still active, Octavio will then take a 5' step away from the edge of the circle while remaining adjacent to his opponent.

Velmont

First Post
Octavio quickly point his rapier, and the thin blade find his way into the holes of the mail, right to the heart, but instead of piercing the skin, the blade bend a bit... the magic of the ring Octavio thinks. This man eys are wide open, as his mouth, just like a man who has his breath cut by an hard impact. He falls on the ground, unconscious. The crowd cheer at the agile blow of the duelist.

On the other circle, the Half-Orc charge the half-elf, but Garrit sword is deflected by the plating of the half-elf. The half-elf swings his large sword and lands a solid blow that push the half-orc on a few feets. Garrit is unconscious in the circe, and two helper come and grab teh half-orc who is carried to an healer. The half elf raise his two-handed sword to salute the crowd before going out of the circle.

Garrit wakes up as Manister reanimate him. "Sorry, but you lost. Relax and watch the show, your are at the first rank."

[SBLOCk=OOC]Garrit recieved 12 points of damage... Ok, his opponent was lucky, he rolled two 17 on his two attack rolls before modification... well shits happen... and luck is more important at low level.[/SBLOCK]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

[sblock]luck couldn't last forever. I mean I DID place in two events :p .[/sblock]

The half-orc paladin wakes up. "Ow. What a hit," he says. Magically protected or not, a big sword will hurt.

"Thank you," he says to Manister. He then gets up and collects his belongings.

At this point, he realizes that he is missing money! At this point, I'll never know who stole from me. If they need it that badly, they can keep it, he thinks to himself.

BigB

First Post
Animus said:
[sblock]luck couldn't last forever. I mean I DID place in two events :p .[/sblock]

The half-orc paladin wakes up. "Ow. What a hit," he says. Magically protected or not, a big sword will hurt.

"Thank you," he says to Manister. He then gets up and collects his belongings.

At this point, he realizes that he is missing money! At this point, I'll never know who stole from me. If they need it that badly, they can keep it, he thinks to himself.

Khairi walks over to Garrit Tough break. I heard you have done well in the joust though. I recognized you from the fire last night. I guess we have done some good here and had some fun. Perhaps our paths will cross again some day.

Heckler

First Post
There is a look of suprise on Octavio's face as his opponent falls...though only for a second. He quickly replaces it with the look of cocky self-assurance.

"I won?...I mean...of course I won. How could I not?"

"And, Grendath, I could keep winning if you don't have any children for me to save today."

Octavio will then salute the crowd, and if they respond, he will continue with bowing, blowing kisses and otherwise keep playing to the crowd until an official asks him to stop.

Velmont

First Post
With thirty-two contestants, the sixteen combats are done during the first hour, maybe a bit more. fiftenn minutes is given so people can rest and relax a bit, drink some water before the second and last round of the day. The eight last persons standing will meet each other on the 6th day of the Tournement to determine who will be brought into finals.

-=-=-= In the Arena's field =-=-=-
Manister, Warren and the two clerics who are judging are watching ove rthe contestant who have qualified to restore them to full health.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Garrit have now 8 subdual damage left. All the other are fully restored. As healing spells restore both subdual and lethal damage, if you had lethal damage left from previous days, considered it fully healed.[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= In the Arena's tribunes =-=-=-

The guy next to Quozen, now the combats are finish and waiting for the next turns, take all his energy into him. "Now, you will get that armor out of there. We are too squeezed for that. Put it elsewhere, or I'll throw it over the tribune." Quozen can always put it in the stairs. It will bock them, but being on the last row, it will only block the acces of the last row on both side of the stairs... but one thing is sure, being on the last row, it would be easy to throw something off thre tribune in to the street.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen turns to the man next to him. He smiles as he breathes through his nose. "I am terribly sorry to have created such discomfort in you with these belongings. They are not mine, but my lord's. He is presently competing in the Arena. Perhaps you saw his prowess? He is...

JIK'TU!!!!!

Would you like him to learn that you wish to throw his belongings over the wall?"

Quozen smiles politely, bracing for his response.

Remove ads